Table of Contents
- 1 Bosch GPL 5 Point Laser Level
- 2 How To Use A 5 Point Laser Level?
- 3 5 Point Laser Level Comparison Table - Bosch VS Stabila VS PLS
- 4 Things You Want To Know About The Bosch GPL 5
- 5 Bosch GPL5 Manual
- 6 What I Like & Don't Like About The Bosch GPL 5 Professional Laser Level
- 7 Specs And Features Table Of The Bosch GPL 5 Point Laser Level
- 8 Conclusion
Hello ninjas, pros and DIYers … Today I want to share with you a few things about the Bosch professional GPL 5, which is a 5 point laser level. So I’ve made a review article about the Bosch GPL 5 laser level in order to assist you in case you are looking to upgrade your laser level tools.
From what I know from the construction site and my own experience when someone is looking to change, to update or simply buy a new laser level … one of the most important question (especially for pros) is …
… is this a durable tool? Is this laser level going to last few years?
Well, I guess I don’t really need to tell this, but Bosch has been around for some time now and they do make some badass tools.
So, don’t worry, in terms of durability, Bosch GPL 5 it’s a good laser leveling tool to look at.
How To Use A 5 Point Laser Level?
It's extremely easy.
The point laser level is used primarily to transfer points from the floor to the ceiling, as well for transferring heights.
A point or dot laser level is greatly used by electricians to lay out ceiling lights like downlights for example...here is a quick how to install downlights using a 5 point laser level:
- Step 1 - Align your spotlights or do your measurements on the floor for the position of where your lights will be installed
- Step 2 - Mark the reference points on the floor
- Step 3 - Now, switch on your 5 point laser level and place it on top of the first point that you've marked on the floor
- Step 4 - The laser level will project a perpendicular beam and it will show you on the ceiling the same point that you marked on the floor. Mark that point on the ceiling with your pencil
- Step 5 - Start drilling your holes with the right drill accessory
- Step 6 - Repeat the process for the other spotlights that you want to install
5 Point Laser Level Comparison Table - Bosch VS Stabila VS PLS
Things You Want To Know About The Bosch GPL 5
The GPL5 is a self-leveling laser projecting 5 horizontal and plumb points. It is able to self-level from up to 3 degrees and is visible up to 30 meters. The points cover the forward, up, down, Left and right make the transfer of right-angles exceptionally easy and precise.
Made from a high quality plastic the GPL 5 is also dust and splash resistant making it robust and durable. The GPL 5 is extremely compact with a weight of just 250g and its dimensions are 4 x 8 x 10.4 cm. That’s pocket-sized! It runs on 3AA Batteries and has a continuous use life of 24 hours.
This Laser has a huge variety of fixing possibilities due to its universal multi-functional mount. The warranty is also a full 2 year Bosch warranty with the option to extend to 3 years. The protective back also keeps it safe during storage.
Bosch GPL5 Manual
I know that many people are looking sometimes for more in-depth information about a tool. If you are one of those guys that want to know everything about his tool 🙂 click here to download the Bosch GPL5 manual from Bosch website.
What I Like & Don't Like About The Bosch GPL 5 Professional Laser Level
Specs And Features Table Of The Bosch GPL 5 Point Laser Level
Overall, if you’re looking for a compact, powerful and multifunctional plumb laser, with more points than the traditional 3 points laser level, then this is the one for you.
I don't recommend the GPL 5 for DIYers.
And the reason is that it will be not very useful for other jobs. If you are DIYer you don't want to have a lot of different tools for different specific jobs ...
... ideally, you want one that will serve you for many other tasks around the house when you do home improvement and DIY.
A better laser level for a ninja DIYer would one that project dots and cross-line as well ... this one I recommend for you: The Bosch GCL25 ( check out what people are saying about this tool on Amazon)
Was this Bosch GPL 5 review article helpful?
Please let me know in the comments what would you add to this review or what would you like me to cover?
I can update it at any time.
In the meantime...
... Stay Safe Ninjas And Happy DIYing 🙂