Table of Contents
Last Update: 20/08/2018 By Adrian B.
So you are a builder or a professional within the construction industry?! Are you looking to gear up for your next job? Or just want to add a new toy to your toolbox?! Maybe you are one of our ninjaDIYers that want to know what kind of top-notch tools are the PROS using to have high-quality finishes?!
Well … whatever your reason is for visiting today, let me tell you that you have landed at the right place!
So let’s have a look at what kind of laser levels this boys and girls like to work with day in – day out on construction and building sites
Compare My TOP 5 Best Laser Levels For Builders And Construction PROS
To come up with this laser level reviews article, I went around the construction site on my day job and asked a few trades like ground workers, tilers, drywall fixers, electricians, carpenters, and handymen or handy-woman what they believe is the best laser level for builders or construction jobs in general.
And they gave me almost similar answers.
That is because for a tool to make its way into the professional world of construction ... it really has to be good, it doesn't matter the price here, it's all about
What To Look For When Buying A Laser Level
Numerous factors are taken into consideration here ....especially when it comes to finding the best laser level for builders and construction professionals in general.
These might range from preferred
- Brand names (DeWalt, Bosch, PLS, Leica, Huepar and so on)
- Ease of use.
- The color of the laser beam ( Red or Green ) and so on ...
It however all boils down to precision and functionality.
A handful of products stand out from the crowd as far as laser levels for building contractors are concerned.
Whether you’re a professional builder or a DIY hobbyist, using a laser level will help you make the most of your time and effort. In this article, I have sampled five of the most rated laser levels. I believe these get the most value for your money.
Shopping around for a laser level can be quite the task for beginners or inexperienced builders.
You cannot just pick a laser level off the shelf and call it a day.
It is therefore recommended to consult construction equipment dealers and laser level reviews for insights into what you should consider when prospecting for a laser level and this is where we come in to assist you.
Here are a few pointers:
- Accuracy is a critical factor to consider when prospecting for a laser level. Excellent quality laser levels have an accuracy of around -+1.5Xm at a distance 30m.
2. Manual or automatic laser levels:
- Auto lasers, also called self-leveling lasers, essentially do most of the work for you. Auto laser levels will stop if disturbed, which means there is no room for any inaccuracies. Manual lasers, on the other hand, keep running even when disturbed making them better suited for smaller projects.
3. Green beam or red beam lasers:
- Green beam lasers levels are the preferred choice for most indoor projects as they are easier to see thanks to a brighter intensity. Red beam laser levels, on the other hand, require a detector compared to green beam laser devices and are mostly used in large outdoor projects. A suitable laser level needs to have a bright beam so that the user can easily see the lines in normal lighting conditions as well as in bright lighting conditions.
Without much ado, let’s get into it.
Construction Laser Level Reviews - TOP 5 -
#1-Levelsure Self-Leveling 360 Laser Level - Mute 902CG
Best self-leveling 360 laser level with green beams
The bright green laser beam is easy to see even in bright lighting conditions. Its portable size makes it easy to fit in any professional or DIY toolbox.
There are two methods to use this laser level, one is to let its inbuilt pendulum to level adjustments automatically, and the other is to set the level manually.
- This Levelsure 902CG features a smart pendulum system that self-levels and indicates an out-of-level state. The device locks when switched off or not in use.
- The accuracy of the green laser beam is ±1/9 inch at a range of 33 feet.
- The laser level device boats a host of handy line selection modes. It can project laser lines together or independently; cross line, vertical and 360-degree horizontal axes.
- It has a 360-degree horizontal line plus a 120-degree vertical laser line for alignment, leveling and layout applications.
- The self-leveling time is less than 3 seconds with a laser wavelength of 510±5nm. These are professional building requirements.
- The laser level features two full-time pulse modes that can be switched with the simple click of a button.
Features - Specs - Details Of The Levelsure Mute 902CG
#2-Topcon RL-H5 Rotary Horizontal Laser Level Dry Battery
Best laser level for groundworks
The Topcon RL-H5A laser level features an easy manual slope calibration feature that is made possible by a button that allows the laser device to change its slope towards the direction you prefer.
When on the correct slope, the RL-H5A will alert you. The durability of this laser device is very impressive. Also included in the package is an anti-drift system that makes use of three LED lights to alert you if the device is knocked off balance while rotating.
- This laser level boasts an impressive 100 hours of battery life using 4 D-cell batteries.
- The unit’s accuracy is within 1/16 of an inch at a range of up to 2,600 feet.
- The Topcon RL-H5A allows self-leveling when tilted at an angle of fewer than 5 degrees.
- Topcon’s RL-H5A also packs convenient features such as slope matching and high-speed rotation rates.
- It weighs a meager 13 pounds making it an-easy-to-carry tool. It also features two LCD screens on front and rear positions that make its use in building more comfortable.
A Little Training Won't Harm You ... This Is How To Use The Topcon Rotary Laser Level
Topcon RL-H5A Rotary Laser Level Specs
#3-DeWalt DW088K Self-Leveling Cross Line Laser
The best laser level for construction professionals
The DW088K is an extremely brilliant piece of equipment capable of performing professional leveling tasks.
Designed and built by DeWalt; a world-leading brand in construction equipment, the DW088K’s quality is unmatched in its class.
The device is most popular among professional builders, carpenters, and handymen. Hobbyists have also taken quite a liking for this little laser level.
- The laser level is IP54 rated against dust and water. It will, therefore, provide a longer service life meaning you don’t have to worry about your equipment breaking down.
- It comes accompanied by a three-year manufacturer’s warranty and a years’ worth of free service.
- The DW088K operates on a class 2 laser with a power output of 1.3mW. The laser diode emits a red beam in full-time pulse mode which allows its use with detectors hence making it the ideal tool for both indoor and outdoor electrical work.
- The laser level boasts an integrated magnetic pivoting base that allows it to be mounted on any metallic surface.
- The DW088K produces bright crossing horizontal and vertical laser lines with an accuracy of 1/8 of an inch at 30 feet.
===> There is the better and newer version of this tool, which you can read about it here DeWalt DW089k Review. <===
A Little Demonstration About The DeWalt DW088k
DeWalt DW088K Self-Leveling Cross Line Laser Specs And Features
#4-Tacklife SC-L03 - 98ft Crossline Self-Leveling Laser Level
Simultaneously work with 360 degree and horizontal laser line
The product offers intuitive features that set it apart from the competition making it a well sought-after piece of equipment by builders. The design features a fully functional 360-degree magnetic swivel base that allows for all-around operation.
- The Tacklife SC-L03 allows self-leveling when tilted at an angle of fewer than 4 degrees. If the tilt angle exceeds 4 degrees, the laser will blink in unlock state to indicate an off-level state.
- The design entails robust, shockproof housing with IP54 class protection that is ideal for work on rugged construction sites. Being splash and dust resistant, this product’s durability and service life are impressive.
- The self-leveling time on this model is less than 3 seconds.
- The unit projects a laser beam cross with a leveling accuracy of +/- 4mm / 15m and a horizontal/vertical accuracy of +/- 3mm/ 15m. It allows a compensation range of 4 ° +/- 1 °.
Unpacking The Tacklife SC-L03
Tacklife SC-L03 - 98ft Crossline Laser Level Specs And Features
#5-Pacific Laser Systems PLS-60596
Best laser level for electricians and plumbers
Leveling in building and other construction tasks are made even easier with this 3-Point Green Beam Laser Tool designed by Pacific Laser Systems.
The device has green laser diode technology capable of projecting three visible laser beams that are estimated to be at least 300% brighter in intensity compared to red light laser beams.
The green lasers make the PLS-60595 the perfect choice for outdoors tasks, so we could say that this model from PLS it's the best outdoor laser level from our list.
- This PLS-60595 is self-leveling made possible by the incorporation of a pendulum lock mechanism.
- The accuracy levels achieved on this model are at an impressive +/- ¼ inches for up to 100 feet.
- The unit has a 3-beam plumb and level point-to-point green laser beam alignment that allows you to layout the reference points even in the brightest of conditions indoors and outdoors as well.
- PLS-60595 is built tough to give you a long service life. It is accompanied by a 3-year warranty and is the perfect electrical work tool.
- It has an inbuilt self-leveling mechanism that indicates an off-level state and an excellent compensational tilt angle.
Quick Intro To PLS-60595 Laser Level
Pacific Laser Systems PLS-60596
Best Laser Levels For Construction PROs & Builders: Ratings
I guess I don't have to tell you this ... that a laser level is a must tool for any construction worker and building professional who requires accurate alignment for their projects to be accomplished.
With the help of laser level tools, you can acquire a degree of precision that cannot be matched by common spirit level tools or by any other leveling tools.
But I just need to remind you to not cut corners when it comes to choosing your tools!!!
I hope that this guide will help you pick out the best laser level for your various building tasks. Stay safe, good people, see you in the next article.
Oh, by the way, if you are like me, a happy and positive person who likes to have fun at work (as well as being productive whilst working) I believe you might like this article where I talk about the top 10 best job site radio brands out there. Listen to music whilst doing my job ... it helps me so much to have a better day at work, how about you?
Please leave me a comment below if this article was helpful to you in any way. I'd love to hear what YOU are using or what you prefer.
Do you need some help or advice on anything? Honestly … you can ask anything that has to do with DIY, Building, Construction, Tools … whatever, I'm more than happy to assist my Ninja Followers. Send me a message here.