Hello, construction PROS and DIY ninjas … today I want to bring you a new article about another great work boot I’ve been using for the last few months.
In this Timberland Pro Pit Boss review article, I’m going to share with you what was my experience with this boot whilst working on my day to day job on a construction site.
Pros and Cons, Comfortability, Durability and much more …
… so keep reading to see if this boot it’s the right one for you.
If when you’ve finished reading this post, you feel like these boots are not for you, go ahead and check out this DeWalt Men’s Titanium safety boot review I’ve done.
It’s a very, very comfortable boot that you should consider as an alternative!
Anyway, let’s get into the Pitboss review!
Timberland PRO Men’s 6″ Pit-Boss Steel Toe Work Boot
Let me tell you that this boot it’s comfortable RIGHT OF THE BOX! And it didn’t need breaking in. It looks very nice and stylish on your feet, so you can look AMAZING and stay SAFE at the same time. It’ll keep your feet safe when working in any construction site and similar harsh environments. With more than 3900 Reviews on Amazon, you can’t go wrong 🙂 YES. Almost 4000! Read reviews by clicking below!
And if you do have a few extra minutes today to read my Timberland Pro 6 Pit Boss steel toe review post … then, I’ll be even happier.
Because it takes a lot of energy to do these awesome reviews for you guys!
So thanks for keep reading and I hope you like it!
Now, let’s get into some details.
- 1 Timberland PRO Work Boots Review
- 2 Timberland Unboxing: First Impressions Of These PitBoss Boots
- 3 Unboxing The Timberland Boot On ninjaDIY Tv On YouTube
- 4 Features And Specs Of These Safety Toe Work Boots
- 5 Extra Info About The Timberland PRO Pitboss 6″ Steel-Toe Boot
- 5.1 – Are these boots waterproof?
- 5.2 – Is it safe to work around electricity wearing this footwear?
- 5.3 – Are they safe to use on slippery floors?
- 5.4 – Can I Get The Timberland Pit Boss Steel Toe Version In Black?
- 5.5 – What’s the difference between the Timberland Pit-Boss soft toe boot and steel toe cap boot?
- 5.6 – Where To Buy Timberland Pro Pit Boss Work Boots?
- 6 Who Do I recommend The Pit Boss Boot To?
- 7 Here’s a quick YouTube Video Reviewing this Timberland Pro Boot
- 8 Conclusion: My Last Thoughts On These Timberland Work Boots?
Timberland PRO Work Boots Review
Timberland Unboxing: First Impressions Of These PitBoss Boots
To be honest with you, this was my first Timberland safety boot I’ve ever bought for work.
For some reason I’ve always thought Timberland, as a brand, they create stylish boots but for normal use. For street use.
But in the last year or so, I’ve seen so many of my colleagues having these cool boots and I said I should give them a try.
And so I did 🙂
They look so GREAT!
The quality’s 100% there. Just by looking at the stitchings, the sole, the padded collar and things like that, you can have an idea of how good they are in terms of quality.
But what matters most is how good these Timberland Pro Pitboss boots are once you put them on your feet, right?
So I put them on.
So comfortable right out of the box. I couldn’t believe it.
No problems whatsoever with the toe box, with the sole, with sizing, with anything!
Bang on 🙂
Unboxing The Timberland Boot On ninjaDIY Tv On YouTube
Features And Specs Of These Safety Toe Work Boots
As you’d expect from such a great steel toe boot, it comes with all sort of safety features WITHOUT compromising comfort.
Here are some of those:
- Polyurethane midsole for durable comfort
- Cambrelle® fabric lining with antimicrobial treatment for odor control
- Cast metal top hooks for increased durability
- Rugged nubuck leather upper for comfort and durability
- Goodyear® welt construction for extra durability
- Steel safety toe for comfort
- Padded top collar for comfort
- Nylon shock-diffusion plate for support and torsional rigidity
- Open-cell polyurethane footbed with antimicrobial treatment for comfort and odor control
- Timberland PRO® rubber outsole is abrasion-, slip- and oil-resistant
- Single boot weight for size 9: 716 grams/1.58 pounds
If you’re a contractor and need a top quality boot for your day to day job … I’m sure you’ll appreciate all the features mentioned above.
One thing I was disappointed with on this Timberland boot, was the insole.
Come on … for such an amazing boot to have these ridiculous insoles, it’s just embarrassing to me.
I would be embarrassed to sell you these great boots with this rubbish, cheap insoles.
Luckily for us … we can easily fix that. You just have to buy some additional insoles.
I do that ANYWAY!
The best thing to do is to always have 2-3 extra top quality gel insoles like these ones from Dr. Scholls (link to Amazon)
I usually replace mine like every 3-4 months … this way not only my feet feel MUCH more comfortable but I’ll feel less tired as well at the end of my shift.
Plus, by changing them so often I avoid having to throw them away too soon due to bad smell (I’m sure you know what I mean)
Since we’ve mentioned so much comfortability, it just came to my mind that you might want to wear something a bit lighter. If that’s the case, have a look at these 7 most comfortable steel toe shoes in the world.
Now, back to features of the PitBoss …
Extra Info About The Timberland PRO Pitboss 6″ Steel-Toe Boot
– Are these boots waterproof?
– No, they’re not. They’re water resistant. What this basically means is that if you are working a lot outdoors like doing landscaping and you’ll get your footwear wet all the time, working in sloppy and muddy areas … these boots are NOT for you!
– Is it safe to work around electricity wearing this footwear?
– Yes. Provides secondary underfoot protection against live electrical circuits,electrically-energized conductors, parts or apparatus. Meets ASTM F2412-11, ASTM F2413-11 and ASTM F2892-11 standards.
– Are they safe to use on slippery floors?
– Yes. The TIMBERLAND PRO® RUBBER sole it’s made of durable rubber compound and offers enhanced slip, oil and abrasion resistance.
– Can I Get The Timberland Pit Boss Steel Toe Version In Black?
– Yes. Actually, the Pit-Boss comes in three different colors:
- Brown (my favorite)
– What’s the difference between the Timberland Pit-Boss soft toe boot and steel toe cap boot?
– Structurally speaking, there’s no difference other than one model comes with a steel toe cap protection and the other with no toe cap protection. So it’ll depend on what you want to wear the boots for. If it’s just casual or you want to do a little bit of hiking then the soft toe Pit Boss it’ll be fine.
But if you work in construction like me … then you MUST go for the steel toe capped one.
– Where To Buy Timberland Pro Pit Boss Work Boots?
These Timberland boots are wayyyy to easy to find. They are a very successful work boot from this brand. And if you want to buy one for yourself, you can do so by going to any big shop in your area.
But for your commodity, why don’t just buy them online?
I do buy my boots online nowadays because I really don’t have time to go shopping around for boots.
☛ Here’s a link to Amazon if you want to check more details like price, reviews, warranty.
Who Do I recommend The Pit Boss Boot To?
Since this work boot it’s not very good with water … I’m recommending it to those of you out there who work mostly indoors or have light duties outdoors.
Here are some examples:
- Kitchen Fitters
- Drywall fitters
- Machine plant operators (crane, excavator, telehandlers, etc)
… and the list go on and on and on 🙂 but you get the point.
As I said above, these boots are water resistant, but not waterproof. So the less time you spend in water with these safety boots, the dryer your feet will stay.
If you are in the construction game and you happen to suffer from diabetes, I invite you to check out this article instead: Best working boots for diabetics.
Here’s a quick YouTube Video Reviewing this Timberland Pro Boot
Conclusion: My Last Thoughts On These Timberland Work Boots?
Overall, a very, very good boot for contractors or DIYers.
Apart from the fact that the boot seemed to be a bit heavier compared to other boots in its category, like this Timberland PRO Titan for example (link To Amazon) …
… I personally couldn’t find any other fault with this boot.
I’m one of those guys who like to have a good image when I’m at work and this PitBoss work boot will really make you look like a pro!
Safety features … it’s fully loaded with them, so you’ll be safe on any construction site or industrial environment!
Some people recommend buying the Pit-Boss boot one number higher in order to have a bit more comfort and space for your fingers to move freely.
Personally, I’ve bought my exact number, and that’s size 10 US (9 UK, 43 EU). If you feel like it’s not the right size for you, that’s not a problem, you can just send them back and you’ll get them swapped with a different size.
I recommend these boots for all professionals who work mostly indoors (sorry to my landscaping and ground worker buddies 🙂 but these are not for you)
There you have it guys, I hope my views on this Timberland PRO Pitboss review blog post have helped you in any way! If you have questions … please drop a comment below!
In the meantime…
…Stay Safe Ninjas And Happy DIYing 🙂