- 1 A quick overview of some of the best safety work boots for ankle support
- 2 ★ A Review of The BEST Ankle Support Work Boots ★
- 3 How To Lace Boots For Better Ankle Support
- 4 Last Thoughts On These Great Boots For Ankle Support
Do you have week ankles? Me too!!! Because of that, I had to get some work boots that could do a better job at keeping my ankles safe! I’ve put a list together for you to have a look at as well in case you’re in my same “boots” 🙂
Best Lace-Up Work Boot
For Ankle Support
Great boot when it comes to comfort! And not only that but it’ll keep your ankle nice and tight in a correct position saving you from silly ankle injuries. The investment in this pair of boots it’ll be well worth it. It’s my favorite on today’s list …
A friend of mine who happens to be new in the construction business recently asked for my opinion on what the best ankle support work boots are. So if you’re looking for a pair of work boots that will keep your foot and ankle safe whilst moving up and down at work, I have you covered.
I was already writing something about a related topic the other day, the top 7 most comfortable steel toe shoes, so I said, I’ll do a little article about my buddy’s question as well and recommend him and y’all a good pair of boots.
And … if you’re not in a hurry, EXCELLENT!
Let me talk to you a bit more in-depth about these boots. Now, please remember, these boots are not hiking boots. These are work boots that provide good ankle support.
Anyone who spends their days around construction sites and heavy factory equipment as I do will appreciate the importance of a reliable pair of work boots.
I for one, have had a few close calls and my work boots saved me a great deal of trouble. But it’s not only safety than we should care about … but comfort as well.
And having a great ankle support boot means you’ll feel more comfortable and SAFE doing all those crazy long shifts of 10+ hours a day.
Without much ado, let’s check out the top 5 best boots for ankle support
A quick overview of some of the best safety work boots for ankle support
Before we jump into the reviews and other details, here are the boots we’re going to talk about.
1. Caterpillar Diagnostic
- Steel Toe Protection
- 100% Leather
Best Choice To Keep Your Ankles Safe
2. Timberland Titan
- Alloy Toe Protection
- Water Resistant
Best 6″ Work Boot For Ankle Protection
3. Skechers Workshire
- Steel toe protection
- Full grain leather
Affordable Work Boot With Ankle Protection
4. Dr Martens Industrial
- Steel toe protection
- Water resistant
Best Looking Work Boot With Ankle Support
5. Timberland Endurance
- Steel toe protection
Great Heavy Duty Ankle Support Work Boot
★ A Review of The BEST Ankle Support Work Boots ★
1. Caterpillar Diagnostic
Best Work Boots
For Bad Ankles
If you work in construction or related jobs let me tell you that this boot is one of the best boots out there. Construction jobs are dangerous! It’s really easy to get injured. And that must’ve happened to you at some point. This boot will protect you from ankle injuries and many other hazards whilst onsite.
Caterpillar Diagnostic mini-review: Best Work Boot For Ankle Support
These work boots with ankle support will provide you with great support for your ankles and keep you safe and comfortable at all times.
The leather they’re made of is breathable and waterproof as well.
And here’s a nice bonus you’ll get with these boots: a gel cushion technology inserted for extra comfort, especially when you have to stand all day.
Very well-made boots overall!
Many construction boots need a long period to adapt to your feet. The Caterpillar Diagnostic, however, is comfortable from day one.
Although they look bulky, they’re actually quite light.
I believe these Caterpillars are one of the best boots for flat feet. So if you are suffering from this condition, you should consider these boots when doing your research.
☛ Just as a side note, besides all the boots I have to show you on this awesome blog post, I invite you to check out this article I’ve done: DeWalt Titanium Safety Boots Review where I go in-depth about the how good these boots were for as I’ve used them on my day job! Check it out!
- Heel and ankle support
- Very comfortable
- Steel shanks for durability
- 200 grams of thermal insulation
- Waterproof, full-grain leather upper
- Superior durability
- Abrasion-resistant rubber sole
- Good relation: durability-price
- Best for machine operators, not that good for ground workers
- Won’t hold water for too long
✮✮✮ Don’t pass up a chance to own a pair of the best boots out there! Head over to Amazon now and check out the latest price.
2. Timberland PRO Titan
Timberland PRO Titan 6 inch mini-review
One of the most comfortable work boots you can find anywhere online (or in-store) today. In fact, I believe these Timberlands are the best working boots for construction professionals.
They’re not very cheap, to be honest … but you can expect TOP quality from these pair of boots.
Another thing I love about these boots is that Timberland decided to make these boots with an alloy toe cap protection instead of the standard steel-toe.
Many of you who work long shifts (10-12 hours per day) have said that these boots are perfect for that purpose because they really are comfy and not as heavy as other boots in the same category.
So you won’t feel as exhausted as with other safety boots.
Btw, have you seen this review I’ve done on Timberlands Pit Boss? Please check it out and let me know what do you think!
- Very comfortable
- No stiffness or tight spots
- Nylon diffusion shank for torsional rigidity
- Timberland PRO rubber soles for better traction on all surfaces
- Breathable, moisture-wicking air mesh lining
- Superior durability
- Good relation: durability-price
- Toe leather might wear-off quickly (that might not be an issue for many people, but if the boot esthetics is something that you are worried about, then this might be an issue for you)
✮✮✮ Did you like the Timberland PRO? Click here to check out Reviews and Price on Amazon (*quickly before they run out)
3. Skechers Workshire for men & women
Best Affordable Work Boots With Ankle Support
It looks good and it feels great! Skechers is well-known for making good shoes, and they are gaining terrain in safety footwear as well. This work boot has decent ankle support. And it’s one of the best work boots under 100 bucks that you can find out there.
Sketchers steel toe work boots are among the best-selling in this category and for a good reason.
The work boots provide advanced protection and unrivaled comfort with the Skechers Work Relaxed Fit.
This refers to the shoes’ memory foam technology on parts of the insole that makes walking and working in these boots very comfortable. The shoes are made of smooth, high-quality full grain leather that is waterproof and oil resistant.
The upper portion has a lace-up design that allows you to wear these boots as tight and comfortable as you want. Some customers are even using these as hiking boots.
The tread pattern is something straight out of a classic work boot and you can look forward to superior grip and anti-slippage even on the most challenging of surfaces.
And the steel toe box is built tough to withstand a dropping force of 200 joules and a resting mass of 1000 kilograms.
- The oil and water-resistant traction rubber soles negates the risk of slipping and falling in high-risk environments.
- The memory foam insole adapts to the natural contours of your feet which goes a long way in boosting the comfort levels over extended periods of time.
- For an ankle support work boot, the Sketchers Workshire Steel Toe boots are light weighing at 2 pounds. This makes them perfect for extended work periods.
- The memory foam only covers part of the foot and you might need to replace the insole to experience improved comfort.
- They might break easily if you work in harsh environments like construction.
✮✮✮ AND REMEMBER, always see more than one opinion before you buy your work boots. Read here what people say about these boots on Amazon.
4. Dr. Martens Winch safety toe work boot
Look Great & Protect Your Ankles At The Same Time
This boot looks amaaaaaazing! There’s not too much I can say about Dr. Martens 🙂 World-Known for being a Top Quality boot, I’m sure you know that. Again, just like the others, it will provide you good ankle protection. It’s very well built.
The first impression you’ll get looking at these safety work boots is the quality of craftsmanship and attention to detail. Dr. Martens Men’s Safety Toe Boot does not look cheap, not by a long stretch.
The boots are made out of high quality industrial oiled Wyoming leather that easily stands up to wear and can take a beating and still look good.
An air-cushioned heavy-duty PVC sole completes the rugged look while ensuring a superior grip on any slippery surface you might be working on.
All materials used are electrostatic-charge dissipating which protects the wearer from charge buildup or exposed electrical circuits.
The boots feature a padded ankle support collar and a breathable mesh construct that keeps your feet aerated and fresh.
The EVA insole is removable which is great if you wash it and avoid bad smell.
- The soft removable EVA insole inserts provide unprecedented comfort levels from a heavy-duty work boot.
- The quality of the build is also reflected by the high consumer ratings.
- Dr. Martens Men’s Safety work boots are OSHA approved and conform to ASTM F2413-11 M I/75 C/75 EH standards meaning the boots provide sufficient protection even in tough and demanding construction/factory sites.
- Weighing in at 4 pounds, these ankle support work boots are quite heavy. For people who cover large distances back and forth, weight is a huge factor.
- Although excellent on indoor surfaces, the grip on these ankle support boots doesn’t hold in outdoor icy conditions. In my findings, some consumers describe working in these boots in icy conditions as being “dangerous’.
✮✮✮ OVERALL this boot is awesome. IF YOU DON’T BELIEVE ME go ahead and check for yourself the REVIEWS section on Amazon.
5. Timberland PRO Men’s Endurance
Great Heavy Duty Ankle Protection Work Boot
Yes, the second Timberland boots on my today’s list. With over 620 REVIEWS on Amazon, it’s impossible to overlook this awesome boot. Not only will protect your ankles but it comes with crazy-looking features like a puncture-resistant plate for underfoot protection, anti Fatigue Technology Comfort System designed exclusively to deliver you added strength and stamina.
Timberland work shoes and boots are built tough, but none come close to the Endurance PR Work Boot.
These ankle support work boots are built to take on pretty much anything you throw at them.
Designed and built specifically for people who spend long extended periods on their feet, the Timberland men’s Endurance work boots redefine comfort.
They feature Timberland’s proprietary anti-fatigue technology designed to absorb shock and ensure maximum comfort on key areas of the foot all through the day.
It doesn’t end there; the boots also feature a breathable mesh with an antimicrobial lining which helps with odor control.
The boots have a rugged look and nothing says tough than the Timberland pro endurance work boot.
- The steel toe box provides superior protection against dropping objects and is designed to give a comfortable fit even to people with wide feet.
- There is an inbuilt electrical hazard protection feature that works by dissipating charge buildup and insulating the wearer from exposed electrical circuits. This makes the Timberland Endurance work boots perfect for electricians and people who work around exposed wiring.
- These ankle support boots have a 30-day return window which is rather short.
- There have been concerns about the gradual decline in build quality over time.
✮✮✮ WHY WAIT? Get yours today and avoid getting that ankle injured! If you’re not 100% convinced, IT’S FINE! Go over to the Reviews section on Amazon and read a couple of more owner opinions before you decide!
How To Lace Boots For Better Ankle Support
Last Thoughts On These Great Boots For Ankle Support
In summary, all three ankle boots discussed above represent the best ankle support boots on the market.
Regardless of what your personal preferences as far as the three as concerned are, you can’t get it wrong.
All five provide unparalleled comfort and safety in any working environment.
The Sketchers Workshire steel toe works boot scores major points on practicality and its weight of only two pounds.
Dr. Martens safety toe boot’s main selling point is in the air-cushioned outsole and the tough, durable Wyoming leather.
Timberlands…are always “the sexy” boots 🙂 … awesome aesthetics and great features but in this case, they are as well great work boots with good ankle support.
The top spot, however, for the best ankle protection working boots goes to the Caterpillar Diagnostic.
These ankle support boots offer unrivaled levels of safety as far as puncture resistance and impact protection go. The comfort features of these work boots demonstrate how much thought went into the design.
I highly recommend you to get yourself a pair of these work boots and experience top-level comfort and safety.
What do you think of my choices? Do you agree?
Or do you have other options?
Please leave a comment below. I’d love to hear what you have to say!
Thanks for reading, until next time …
…Stay Safe Ninjas And Happy DIYing!!! 🙂
Most Comfortable Ankle Protection Work Boots
Ninja Team Members Working On This Page
Adrian Bull – Construction Professional
Construction Professional, driver, crane operator, handyman … As a construction pro I love to get creative and see things done with my hands coming to life. Here I share with you some of the things I learn and hopefully you’ll get something out of it. Enjoy 🙂
2 thoughts on “What are the BEST Ankle Support Work Boots For Men And Women? Let’s find out …”
I am assuming you have never tried Keen boots. I have own most of the boots you listed and have had surgery on both ankle with very little ligaments left, even have a service dog that goes to work with me incase I fall. The Keen boots I have used have been by far the best protection I’ve ever had for my ankles. Just try them.
Hey Jason, thanks for sharing man. I’d love to know which model from Keen you’d recommend.
I’m looking for a new pair of boots myself since my Timberland PRO Pit Boss are on their last breath of life :)) Maybe I can have a look at the ones you’ve had and decide to give them a try.
The Caterpillar boot I recommend in this post is awesome too!