Hey there. How you’re doing today? In this article, I want to talk to you about a topic that affects many people, unfortunately… Diabetes!!!
Diabetes can be quite the challenge to the average hardworking construction site worker, handyman, factory worker or machinist, and you know it as you’re probably one of them and that’s why you’re here, right?
Well, I’ve put together a shortlist of some of the best work boots for diabetics in my opinion.
If you don’t have the proper work boots, risks involved include serious foot problems such as the loss of sensation, injuries, and infections.
High blood sugar causes extensive nerve damage and poor blood flow to the feet.
A family member recently complained to me about how hard it was finding the right work boots for people with diabetes. That inspired me to go out there on the web and do some research…
…and that’s how I came with this top 3 work boots for workers affected by diabetes.
- 1 Here Are Some Basic Requirements For A Diabetic Work Boot
- 2 Compare Some Of The Best Work Boots For Diabetes
- 3 Can Diabetics Wear Steel Toed Shoes/Boots?
- 4 Reviews: Best Safety Boots For Workers With Diabetes
- 5 Let’s Wrap It Up: Last Thoughts On Safety Footwear For Diabetics
Here Are Some Basic Requirements For A Diabetic Work Boot
- A steel toe and electrostatic charge dissipation.
- A shock-absorbent and pierce resistant midsole to provide protection against piercing injuries.
- Waterproof and oil-resistant materials that are slip-resistant.
- The work boots should be of a high-quality build and provide long-lasting comfort over extended work periods.
- The boot should preferably have a breathable mesh and have moisture-absorbent materials with some sort of odor-protection.
- A big-enough toe box that can withstand immense impact forces and leave enough wiggle room.
- A deep heel cup that controls the motion and comfortably cups the heel.
- The work boots should have a padded tongue and a soft padded collar in order to avoid irritation and possible blistering.
With that said, let us dive into the top three work boots for diabetics and talk a little bit about each one of them, but first here’s a quick comparison table that will help you absorb the information much faster.
Here’s What A Diabetic Shoe Is ( In case you’re a visitor who doesn’t suffer from diabetes)
Compare Some Of The Best Work Boots For Diabetes
|1. Dr. Comfort Ranger Therapeutic Diabetic Work Boot||See More On Amazon|
|2. Orthofeet 481 Diabetic Therapeutic Work Boot||See More On Amazon|
|3. Orthofeet Proven Plantar Orthopedic Diabetic shoe||See More On Amazon|
Can Diabetics Wear Steel Toed Shoes/Boots?
For sure! I mean, it’s a Health and Safety requirement after all.
There might be situations where your doctor will recommend you NOT to use steel toe boots, but you are required to use them by law at your workplace.
What to do in this case? Here’s a similar case that might help you if you are in that situation.
Talk to your employer about your condition. I’m sure there’s a way to help you out to have the best work boot for your condition to stay comfortable and safe at the same time.
But to be honest, some of the top boot brands on today’s market, they’re creating really comfortable boots, for all sorts of health issues.
It’s almost standard nowadays in most industries to wear safety steel toe shoes or boots because you can easily injure yourself if you work in a warehouse or a construction site for example.
☛ So, to avoid and prevent injuries, we have to wear these types of safety footwear.
The key thing to remember here is that you have to avoid at all costs shoes or boots with pointed toes. (for example cowboy boots, they’re a NO-NO for diabetics)
So make sure that the boots you’re purchasing via my links (which I very much appreciate if you do, thank you very much❤) or anywhere else … they have a good, large and spacious steel toe box.
This will allow to move your toes freely and help with blood circulation.
Let me show you a few boots that are great for diabetics. The downside is that none of these have a steel toe cap protection.
Reviews: Best Safety Boots For Workers With Diabetes
1. Dr. Comfort Ranger Therapeutic Diabetic Work Boot
This boot’s not only very comfortable but it has been specifically designed as a therapeutic boot for patients with diabetes. The sole has an excellent grip which makes this boot perfect if you’re working in a warehouse or factory where the floor it’s oily and wet. Before you make a decision though, click below to check out price and owners reviews on Amazon!
The first entry on the list is Dr. Comfort’s Men’s Diabetic Work boot that delivers tough, durable protection from worksite hazards while being gentle and comfortable for diabetics. That dynamic can be hard to achieve.
The hypothetical “sweet spot” whilst elusive, is achieved on this pair of diabetic work boots. The boots feature a durable rugged design complimented by a lace-up closure and high-quality leather.
This pair of work boots are made for the hardworking diabetic who, more than anything requires extra comfort and care. Designed as therapeutic work boots, they blend excellent comfort and support with a lightweight construction that prevents fatigue over extended periods.
Other than meeting all legal requirements of a standard work boot, the manufacturer delivered an all-rounded product that could easily pass off as your regular casual boots.
Consumer impressions on these diabetic work shoes/boots
- The lightweight lace-up with hook and loop straps make the boots quite comfortable. The boots are perfect for diabetics who seek superior comfort and reliable protection against injuries while working.
- These work boots come with removable gel insole inserts. This allows you to easily customize and improve the comfort levels depending on your specific needs.
- The safety features include a roomy toe box and a tough rubber sole capable of retaining a grip on wet slippery surfaces.
- The work boots score high in style points and are among my favorite all-time boots. Whether you need protection at a job site or additional comfort during walks, these boots have it all.
- A soft leather upper and a seamless padded collar and lining ensure your feet are safe from irritation and abrasion which can cause injury in diabetics. The insole provides unparalleled contour-hugging comfort with superior anatomical arch support.
- Compared to other models, the work shoes have a poor water-resistant rating which makes working in them on wet surfaces very uncomfortable. They have a tendency to soak up water.
- These boots don’t have an air-cushioned midsole that negates the discomfort of working on hard concrete surfaces. A handful of complaints have arisen on how uncomfortable they are without additional insole inserts.
☛ ♯ REMEMBER to always read owners opinions before you buy. Click HERE to check out on Amazon what other people are saying about these Dr. Comfort Ranger Therapeutic Diabetic Work Boot
2 Orthofeet 481 Men’s & Women’s Diabetic Therapeutic Work Boot
These boots have some great features for people suffering from diabetes. The premium orthotic insole along with the ergonomic, cushioning sole soften step, enhance stability, and facilitate natural foot motion. It comes with a deep, wide toe box design that allows your foot to relax and spread out naturally for added comfort. And much more … Before you make a decision though, click below to check out price and owners reviews!
The Orthofeet work boot is an all-around work boot designed for use by diabetics, arthritic people and people suffering from neuropathy, just to mention a few.
It features exquisite craftsmanship and a host of features designed to deliver superior comfort and safety. These work boots offer unparalleled anatomical arch support and a relaxed fit that makes them one of the best choices for diabetic people working long hours on-site.
Orthofeet is a well-respected therapeutic work shoe manufacturer with an extensive portfolio of Orthopedic work boots crafted by expert hands.
The boots are made out of high-quality materials with emphasis on a lightweight build without compromise on the safety features. The work boots feature a standard steel toe box that is roomy enough, an array of removable contour-hugging insoles and a proprietary air-cushion feature that redefines comfort and anatomical support.
Consumer impressions on these work boots for diabetic patients
- This Orthofeet 481 Men’s diabetic shoe is specially engineered with diabetic people in mind. They incorporate feature uniquely attuned to ease any negative stimuli that would otherwise cause injury. The boots offer anatomical arch support alongside premium orthotic insoles that gently hug the contours of your feet.
- The boots have a spacious toe box that allows you to wiggle your toes and avoid compacting and possibly irritating your feet. This improves circulation and restores some sensation in your feet.
- A bio-mechanically engineered ortho-cushion system uses an air cushion mechanism that softens the impact from the ground even on rough, hard and uneven surfaces. Every step you take is a comfortable pain-free experience.
- The lightweight build allows you to stay active on your feet all day long and with anatomical arch support, the last thing you’ll be worrying about is foot and knee pains. This makes the Orthofeet 481 the perfect pair of work boots for long projects.
- The lightweight rubber outsole is slip-resistant meaning these boots are safe for working in wet or oily surfaces.
- The manufacturer doesn’t specifically state whether or not these work boots have any form of charge dissipation. This means that working on live exposed electrical circuits is a risky proposition for the wearer.
- Going by the lightweight theme, these boots lack a steel midsole insert that would make the shoe pierce-proof. Injuries from stepping on sharp objects can be incapacitating especially to diabetics.
☛ LIKED IT? Check out on Amazon what customers are saying about these Orthofeet work boots.
3. Orthofeet Proven Plantar Orthopedic Diabetic High Top Boots
It looks good, it feels great! Light with very comfy insoles that will make you feel like walking on a cloud 🙂 The Ortho-Cushion System is biomechanically engineered to alleviate stress on the joints, enhance stability and help facilitate foot motion. Walk comfortably and pain-free every step you take. Don’t believe me? Check out for yourself on Amazon by clicking on the button below!
I am a sucker for great looking boots and particularly work boots I can wear to the bar and still look good 🙂
Well, this pair of work boots is exactly that, stylish, durable, tough and most importantly, they are super comfortable.
Ranked among the highest rated diabetic work boots, the Orthofeet high top work boots are quite impressive to look at and even more so to work and walk-in.
They are of a high-quality build that focuses on superior comfort and safety in areas most work boots for diabetics fall short of.
The boots are perfect for people with arthritis, knee problems and a host of other conditions.
They are designed to alleviate any pain and symptoms associated with diabetes and associated conditions.
Comfort is another area the boots particularly excel at.
Consumer impressions on these orthopedic work boots for men and women
- These work boots feature a reliable Ortho-cushion system that is engineered to alleviate stress on the feet while enhancing your stability. This system facilitates a fluid foot motion that is both comfortable and easy on the heels.
- The toe box has enough room to wiggle your toes around as opposed to a tight fit that would be uncomfortable over time. For diabetics, this makes a whole lot different and is a well-preferred feature.
- The tough outsole features treads made to provide superior traction and grip on wet or oily surfaces. Being slip-resistant, these boots are perfect for factory workers, bakers and so on.
- The boots have a gel insole that gently follows the feet’s natural contours. Additionally, they are padded with foam that adds an extra layer of comfort for sensitive feet.
- Although the shoes are mostly great for diabetics, the lack of a steel midsole for pierce protection is a downside.
Let’s Wrap It Up: Last Thoughts On Safety Footwear For Diabetics
In summary, diabetic work boots generally focus on providing the best levels of comfort, safety, and reliable that is a level higher than your ordinary work shoes.
All three entries on this list have earned their place by being the best in their respective classes.
The Orthofeet 481 offers superior comfort and styling while also being mindful of the size of the steel toe box. Dr. Comfort Ranger diabetic work boots are a whole other level of tough and durable. The lace-up, hook and loop feature are my personal favorites.
However, the best work boots for diabetics, in my opinion, are the Orthofeet Men’s Proven Plantar Orthopedic Diabetic High-Top Boots. These are an excellent pick for any diabetic seeking attractive styling, unparalleled comfort, and unmatched safety features.
Whatever diabetic work boots you settle for from my list, you can’t go wrong … great three options.