Last Updated: 2019.07.04 By Adrian B.
Today ninjas, I want to bring you a bit more information about these “new” awesome laser levels … and I’m talking about the green laser levels.
Of course, they’re not new for most of us, construction professionals, but some friends (DIY enthusiasts) have asked me about them. Some of my friends didn’t even know that laser levels have different colors 🙂 … but that’s normal.
They are not into construction gadgets and tools like we are and they don’t have a reason to stay up to date with construction tools as we do.
This article is for pros and DIYers as well, and I want to share with you ninjas what’s my choice when it comes to best green beam laser levels for our projects.
- 1 Top 5 Green Laser Levels For DIY And PROs
- 2 Why Should You Choose A Green Laser Level?
- 3 These Are The 4 Types Of Laser Levels On The Market
- 4 The Best Green Dot Laser Level: Good For Plumbing
- 5 Best Green Line Laser Level For Ceiling Applications And More
- 6 Best 360/Rotary Green Laser Levels: Great For Outdoor Jobs
- 7 Best Green Square Laser Levels: Good For Tilers
- 8 The Best Green Laser Level Under 100: Great For Home Users
- 9 Conclusion: What’s The Best Laser Level That Projects Green Laser Beams/Points?
Top 5 Green Laser Levels For DIY And PROs
|1. PLS3 Green Beam: Best For Plumbing||See More On Amazon|
|2.DeWalt Green Line: Best For Drop Ceiling||See More On Amazon|
|3. Leica Rotary Green Laser For Outdoors||See More On Amazon|
|4. Johnson Flooring Square Level: Best For Tiling||See More On Amazon|
|5. Huepar Box-1G Green Laser: Best For DIY||See More On Amazon|
Why Should You Choose A Green Laser Level?
I like to keep things simple.
So, the main reason to choose a green laser level vs a red laser level … is because you will be able to see the green laser beam much easier than the traditional red laser beam.
* They say (the experts) that the green color of a laser beam is twice as visible to the human eye than the red laser beam.
If you are a PRO and you need accurate measurements (of course you do 🙂 ) … well, that is enough reason I would say for you to go for a green laser level instead of a laser level that projects red lines.
Same for the DIYer, even though you might not make money using your tools (like a carpenter or a drywall fixer) but you do want your DIY projects as high quality as possible (depending on your skills of course) …
… having the best tools at hand, it will make your job easier, enjoyable, MORE ACCURATE!
One thing I need to share here before we go further (especially for DIYers, like my friends that I know they’ll read these lines 🙂 ) …
…there are a few different types of laser levels. I won’t bore you with so much data, but if you really want to know more, you can read my epic laser level buyer’s guide.
These Are The 4 Types Of Laser Levels On The Market
- Dot Lasers (also known as plumb levels)
- Line Laser Levels
- Single laser beam
- Multiple laser level lines
- Cross-Line laser levels
- 360 Rotary Laser Levels
- Right Angle 90-degree Square Laser Level
As you can see, having so many different tools it will be a bit difficult to actually recommend ONLY ONE as being THE BEST!
Each one of these has its own uses. And sometimes you won’t be able to use, for example, the cross-line laser level for establishing a slope … you’ll need a 360 rotary laser level, and so on.
You simply can’t have everything!
So here, I’ll recommend you the best laser tool in its own category…this way you have less research to do if you are looking to buy a laser level in the future.
Perfect … let’s get into it then!
The Best Green Dot Laser Level: Good For Plumbing
A dot laser level is your best choice when you want to find
- a level point
- or maybe two or more points at 90 degrees between a wall, the floor, and the ceiling.
Some of these tools are very basic (you’ll have to level them manually)
And other dot laser levels are self-leveling – which I very much prefer!
Here’s A Couple Of Examples Of Excellent Dot Laser Levels
Ninja Editor’s Choice For Green Dot Laser Level
- Dot Laser Level For Construction PROS
- Accuracy: +/-1/4-in @ 100ft
- Range: +/-100ft
- Self-Level Range: +/- 6 degrees
- Warranty: 3 years
- Point Laser Level (For Smaller BUDGET)
- Accuracy: +/-1/13-in @ 33ft
- Range: +/-197ft
- Self-Level Range: +/- 6 degrees
- Warranty: 12 months
Let’s continue by talking a little bit about each one of these point laser levels. Here’s a mini review.
1. PLS3 3-Points/Beams Green Laser Level
Excellent laser from PLS (Pacific Laser Systems) … it’s easy to use, great visibility of the laser beam.
It’s a perfect tool for laying out tiles, electrical works, steel erections and plumbing as well.
Pros & Cons Of The PLS 3
- It has a long warranty (3years)
- Good brand
- Clear lines in light environments (indoors)
- Made of plastic (might not live a lot in rough construction site conditions)
- It could become a bit inaccurate after few uses (keep checking the accuracy, this could happen to any device)
It’s accurate, and it’s been created for construction professionals … it’s a brand that many people trust.
☛ It has over 100 reviews on Amazon, good and bad, pro and con … see what people are saying about this tool.
2. Huepar 8211G Green Laser Level
Although this is my choice for home DIYers, I know people who bought this laser level to work on constructions sites.
And they seemed to be pretty happy with it 🙂
Pros & Cons Of The Huepar 8211G
- Compact and light
- Self-leveling mode & Manual mode to allow set up the laser level in an awkward position when it’s required (installing staircases)
- Consume the batteries quite fast.
Some of these tasks are as simple as hanging a new lamp on the living room’s ceiling and others a bit more complicated like installing downlights on a new property or on your own DIY project.
These devices come with:
- and five-dots
Another cool thing about the dot/point laser levels is that the majority of these devices they can project lines as well.
You could have a laser level that projects dots and lines!
So be sure to check it out before you decide to buy a laser level … you could kill two birds with one stone. 🙂
* Honestly, I’m not a fan of these type of laser levels as the applications for it are very limited.
They can be pricey for the amount of work you do with them. But if you really need one for your jobs (maybe this is a perfect tool for a plumber or a sparky) … then go ahead and check out one of the above!
Next up: we are going to check out a few green line laser levels.
Best Green Line Laser Level For Ceiling Applications And More
I will start this section by saying that I don’t want you to lose your time and energy by thinking too much about this.
Take my word for it …
If you really need a laser device, at any level, construction pro or home improvement DIYer … just go for a cross-line laser level.
You’ll thank me later 🙂
There are simply waaaaaaaay too many options out there. So, if you can, forget other line laser levels and go with a cross-beam laser device. By doing so, you will be covered.
You will be able to do almost any task where a laser level is required. (Correct me if I’m wrong here boys and girls)
Anyway … here’s what I believe to be two of the best green beam laser devices with a cross-line feature.
Ninja Editor’s Choice For The Best Line Laser Level
- Line Laser Level For Construction PROS
- 5-point + cross-line laser level
- Accuracy: +/- 1/8-in @ 30ft
- Power source: 12v Battery
- Self-Leveling: YES
- Line Laser Level (For Smaller BUDGET)
- 360-degree + cross-line laser level
- Accuracy: +/-1/9-in @ 33ft
- Power source: 4 X AA Batteries
- Self-Leveling: YES
Now … working in construction, being around so many professionals, so many different trades and specialists … I have to say, that most of these guys have AT LEAST ONE CROSS-LINE LESER LEVEL in their toolboxes.
Do you know why?
Because they really are amazing tools. You can use it for:
- Drywall applications
- Window fitting
- Kitchen installations
- Laying out tiles
- Ceiling applications (lights installations, drop ceiling, etc)
- Metal and wood wall framing
- Decking installation
You name it … you can do almost any job, better, easier and faster by having one of these babies 🙂
Let’s just have a few words about each one of these laser leveling tools.
1. DeWalt DW0825LG Green Cross-Line Laser Level
Up until now, I was amazed by using the ol’ DW089K (red beam laser level) … what an awesome tool to have.
But since I’ve seen the DW0825LG … man … this tool has really set up high the bar for the competitors 🙂
It really is an amazing tool.
One of the amazing features that DeWalt brings into the new green laser levels is … the 12v battery.
This is a game changer.
Not only it will save you some money on batteries, but you can use this battery with other 12v tools that you might have from Dewalt. You can use the laser level for one full day or even two full days before you need to recharge the battery.
Pros & Cons Of The DeWalt DW0825LG
- 12v battery
- multi-function: dots + cross-line
- 3 years limited warranty
- can project lines on the ceiling
- a bit expensive for non-professionals
- hard-case slightly big
- (takes a lot of space inside the toolbox)
2.Huepar 901CG Green Beam Laser Level
This laser level it’s a compact unit. It’s good quality for the money.
It won’t be as accurate as other established brands … but it will do the job just fine.
You can’t ignore that this laser tool comes FULLY LOADED with features…
- 360-degree laser lines
- blinks every 3 seconds when is out of position (unleveled)
- in can self-level itself within 4degrees
- you can use the pendulum lock system for safe transportation of the laser level
- obviously has great visibility due to its green laser beams
- and its IP54 rated … being waterproof and dustproof
Pros & Cons Of The Huepar Self-Leveling 360 Laser Level
- full of amazing features
- multi-function: 360 degree+cross-line
- can be set to project uneven lines
- (using the smart pendulum lock)
- More affordable than other brands
- Not great outdoors
- Need to change batteries quite often
- (maybe get some rechargeables, save some time and money)
By the way … PLEASE let me know in the comments below … what do you think? What do you use for your projects? (DIY or professional wise).
Alright … I believe this will cover it for the line laser level section. Let’s move on and talk about the rotary laser levels. These ones you mostly see outdoors, used by engineers and ground workers.
Best 360/Rotary Green Laser Levels: Great For Outdoor Jobs
Yep … for DIYers and some pros as well who never used a laser level before (any type) … it could be intimidating to go ahead and spend hundreds and maybe thousands on a rotary laser level.
One of the reasons people feel intimidated by these leveling devices, they seem to be complicated to use (and they are a bit until you learn how to use them, like everything in life) …
… but people are afraid to pick the wrong thing (after spending so much money on them)
I understand that. But, Don’t worry!
*The best thing is that any of these laser levels come with a warranty and as well you can send it back if you’re not happy with it. (Don’t forget to check that with the seller before you do your purchase)
Here’s what I believe to be some of the best green rotary laser levels on today’s market.
Ninja Editor’s Choice For The Best Green Rotary Laser Level
- Excellent Rotary Level For Outdoor Tasks
- Accuracy: ±1/16-in @ 100 Ft
- Accuracy: +/- 1/8-in @ 30 Ft
- Self-Level: ± 5 degrees
- Range with Detector 2000 Ft
- Protection Rating: IP67
- Great Rotary Laser For Tighter Budgets
- Accuracy: ±1/8-in @ 100 Ft
- Self-Level: ± 4,5 degrees
- Range with Detector 500 Ft
- Power source: 4 X AA Batteries
- Protection Rating: IP54
These rotary laser leveling devices can be used for very precise jobs and perform best outdoors.
And the reason this kind of laser levels are doing a better job than the other types that we’ve seen so far on outdoor tasks …
… is because the laser used in a rotary level device is stronger.
A normal laser level is classed as Class 2 output power <1mW
The rotary levels are classed as Class 3R and have an output power of <5mW. (much more than a normal laser level). Learn more about laser level classes and classifications here.
When you hear people saying about a cross-level or a dot level laser that:” It’s rubbish, I couldn’t see the laser line after 3 m when working on my deck building on a lovely sunny day” 🙂 …
…is because those laser levels have been built for indoor applications, MOSTLY.
Sure, you can use a dot or line laser level outside, but don’t be disappointed when you won’t be able to see the line of your laser level outside on a sunny day.
Check out my DeWalt DW088K red laser beams … just a few inches off the wall.
Where are those lines???
Get a rotary laser level for best results when working outdoors.
Anyway, let me share a bit more info about those two 360 lasers from my list.
1. DeWalt DW079LG: Best Rotary Green Laser Level
DeWalt has done an amazing job in showing customers how great this tool is and how though and robust it might be.
It really looks like a “rough terrain truck” of the laser levels :). It’s been rated IP67 and tested against falls from 2 meters high.
- 3-year limited warranty.
- long range (2000ft with a laser detector)
- 20v DeWalt battery
- 2-meter drop rating
- not as tough as advertised
- a bit pricey
Here’s a cool youtube video about the DeWalt DW079LG
2. Leica Roteo 35G: Great Budget Rotary Green Laser Level
The DeWalt mentioned above is one of the most expensive green rotary laser levels that I’ve seen.
On the other hand … Leica is one of the best rotary laser levels on the market. (if not, THE best)
I have never seen an engineer using any other brand … except for Leica.
I’m not an engineer, but if we need to measure something outside on the construction site here what we use: Leica Rugby 810 (RED LASER BEAMS)
This particular model from Leica has fully automatic horizontal and vertical laser beams.
I love the motorized wall mount. This allows you to adjust the laser device from the distance by using the remote control.
Need horizontal and vertical lines or an exact 90° angle?
No worries, this 360 Leica level can do that without any problems.
- 2 years warranty
- remote control
- motorized wall mount
- create 90-degrees angles
- Nothing to report here other than the disappointing job Leica did in regards to the user manual. (If you can call it like that)
- If you never used a rotary laser level before and you end up buying this device … you would have no idea how to use it.
Here’s A Youtube Video About The Leica Leica Roteo 35G
Because of the price tag on this type of laser levels, unfortunately, it is not very often used by a DIYer.
You’ll see it mostly on big construction jobs and used by contractors on
- setting up slopes
- preparation for building foundations
- leveling ground
- setting up elevations
- concrete pouring
- opening trenches
- pipes and other underground services installations
… and many more tasks of this kind.
Now … if you are a ninja DIYer, I don’t want you to go back empty-handed from this section and here’s what I recommend you to use as a 360 rotary laser level for home uses or small DIY projects. Check out the Huepar Self-Leveling Green Laser Level 360 Cross Line.
As I’ve said above…unfortunately the 360 laser levels (especially the ones that project green beams and points) are out of most DIYer’s range
(and I won’t recommend you to buy any cheap Chinese rubbish brand. Check out that Huepar model. It could be a good one for now. Or check out a rotary red laser level. Those are more accessible)
And now, let me tell you about the last type of laser level on my list: the square laser levels.
Best Green Square Laser Levels: Good For Tilers
This one, again, it’s a very basic laser level, just like the dot one.
You can’t really use it as a primary tool … but it’s great to have it in your toolbag.
It could come handy if you are a tiler. You can layout tiles without all the endless measuring and laying chalk lines and all that.
Unfortunately, this kind of laser levels doesn’t have too many products in the green beam version. Just for the sake of having something to compare the Johnson square model to …
…I’ve added the Bosch GTL 2 to this table (MIND YOU-THE BOSCH MODEL IS RED, NOT GREEN)
Ninja Editor’s Choice For The Best Green Square Laser Level
- Only For PRO Tilers
- Accuracy: ±1/16-in @ 20 Ft
- Range: Up to ±150ft
- Laser Class Illa / Power Output ≤5mW
- 3-year warranty
- Excellent Cheap Square Laser Level
- Accuracy: ±1/2-in @ 30 Ft
- Range: Up to ±30 Ft
- Laser Class II / Power Output ≤1mW
- 3-year warranty
How To Use A Square Laser Level? (and for what applications is good?)
Some of these tools are VERY SPECIFIC TO A TRADE … and sometimes you’ll see tools that might not make any sense for you to spend money on…
… but it might make a lot of sense for a guy who does a lot like kitchen fitting or a tiler maybe.
☛ If you are laying tiles … check out my article on what’s the best laser level for a tiler.
The Best Green Laser Level Under 100: Great For Home Users
Luckily here, the manufacturers are thinking about those brave homeowners who like to do DIY and improve their homes by doing little (or big) home improvement hacks.
… you can do that and much more with a green laser level!
So here are two options that I love and seems that a lot of owners are quite happy with them as well. Just click on the > Read The Good & The Bad On Amazon > text underneath the pictures to read their opinions: Good Or Bad!
Editor’s Choice For The Best Green Laser Level Under 100
- Great Cross-Line Level For Less Money
- Range: ±150 Ft
- Accuracy: ±1/13-In @ 33 Ft
- Leveling Range: Within 4-degrees
- Power Source: 4 AA Batteries
- Excellent Cheap Square Laser Level
- Range: Up to ±30 Ft
- Accuracy: ±1/4-In @ 30 ft
- Leveling Range: Within 4-degrees
- Power Source: 2 AA Batteries
Any decorator should have one of these tools.
They are great and easy to use and given the fact that you can have one for less than one hundred bucks …
… it won’t break the bank! 🙂
1. Huepar Box-1G Green Laser Level
This laser level brand is becoming quickly a favorite in the DIY world.
The reason is obvious: They deliver decent laser levels at decent prices!
If you end up buying this little laser level from Amazon … it comes as a kit.
You’ll have an easy-to-adjust magnetic base, target plate card, and a carry pouch.
Pros & Cons Of The Huepar Box 1G
- Good Outside Protection (Rubber)
- Out Of Level Notice
- Smart Pendulum Lock
- Waterproof & Dustproof
- Short Warranty (only 12 months)
- You can upgrade if you wish
- It doesn’t perform well outdoors
- Not visible at 150ft without a plate card
☛ If you want to see what other people are saying about this on Amazon … click here, over 30 owner reviews. Good & Bad!
2. HAMMERHEAD HLCLG01 Green Beam
And to finish this long list of green laser levels … I have another great little tool that is most loved for home users.
The Huepar model from above has a very nice rubber protection on the outside … which means you could actually take it with you on a construction site if you are a professional.
On the other hand, our Hammerhead HLCLG01 … has no protection at all.
It’s all made from plastic which makes it very fragile and there is a danger of breaking the unit easily if you drop it.
Here’s How It Looks On Youtube (the video is not pro … but at least you see what you get before you go and buy) 🙂
Pros & Cons Of The Hammerhead HLCLG01
- Easy to use
- Low price
- Small and compact
- Made of plastic (no protection)
Honestly, I could not find too many complaints about this green beam laser level … DIYers seems to love it 🙂
☛ Want to explore for yourself a bit more? … check out on Amazon what people are saying about the Hammerhead HLCLG01
And I guess we’ve finished this guide/review (whatever you wanna call it) article. 🙂
Honestly, if you are a DIYer … you don’t have to spend hundreds of dollars on a laser level. As you can see, you have some options for less than 100 dollars, and the quality if those laser devices is decent!
☛ If you want more options, check my article on the best laser level for a homeowner, there is a mix of red & green laser levels.
Conclusion: What’s The Best Laser Level That Projects Green Laser Beams/Points?
Alright, ninjas, I hope this article was a good read and that you’ve learned something new today.
The long answer to the question … you’ll have to take the decision based on the applications you are going to use the laser level for.
If you are a pro, you know this already. Some guys and girls have two or more laser devices to make sure they are covered when it comes to doing their jobs.
So go through each section of this article and see which one do you think will suit you best.
And I tell you this …
… if you need some help with which one to buy. Drop me a comment or get in touch.
I’ll be more than happy to give you a hand.
That’s it from me today, until next time …
Stay Safe Ninjas And Happy DIYing 🙂