How’s it going DIY ninjas and construction pros? Have you been looking for the best tool belt to suit your various construction needs? Whether you are a contractor, electrician, framer or any other professional construction trade, you most definitely need one of these babies.
A tool belt is a quintessential companion in any professional or DIY construction project. If you fall under any of the mentioned construction trades, you will appreciate the versatility these tool belts bring to the table. The tool belt design is aimed at allowing the user to carry multiple tools at the same time improving productivity.
Last Updated on the 2019/11/21
Other than the constant attention to safety and continuous effort, every contractor, electrician or carpenter needs to have on them a number of tools available at a moment’s notice.
Whether its nail guns, stud finders, utility knives, steel tapes, or nails, you can’t afford wasting time shuffling back and forth fetching individual tools. Being able to switch between different toolsets without having to take breaks in-between tasks minimizes time wastage and improves the overall job quality.
The belts are available in a wide variety of sizes and designs each focused on bringing out the best of each project. The best part is whatever your profession is, there’s a tool bag best suited for your needs whether indoor or outdoor work. In today’s article, we’ll be discussing the top 10 best tool belts money can buy.
- 1 Compare Some Of The Best Tool Belts For Construction Workers
- 2 Top 10 Tool Belts For All Building Trades – Reviews
- 2.1 1. Gatorback B145 Back Support Belt for Carpenters
- 2.2 2. CLC Custom Leathercraft 527X Heavy Duty Tool Belt for Framing
- 2.3 3. Gatorback B240 Tool Belt: Best for Electricians
- 2.4 4. CLC Custom Leathercraft 1608 Tool Belt: Best for Drywall Hanger
- 2.5 5. Occidental Leather 9850: Best for Multi-Tool
- 2.6 6. DEWALT DG5617 20-Apron Tool Belt for Sheet Metal
- 2.7 7. Jackson Palmer Professional Tool Belt with Suspenders: Great for Comfort
- 2.8 8. ToughBuilt Handyman Tool Belt Set – Best for Plumbers/HVAC
- 2.9 9. Dickies Work Gear 4-Piece: Best for Roofing
- 2.10 10. LAUTUS Oil Tanned Leather Best Tool Belt for The Money
- 3 Tool Belt Buyer’s Guide and Frequently Asked Questions
- 4 Last words on this tool belt guide
Compare Some Of The Best Tool Belts For Construction Workers
|1. Gatorback B145 Back Support – Best for Carpenters||See More On Amazon|
|2. CLC Custom Leathercraft 527X Best Tool-Belt for Framing||See More On Amazon|
|3. Gatorback B240 Tool Belt – Best for Electricians||See More On Amazon|
|4.CLC Custom Leathercraft 1608 – Best for Drywall Hanger||See More On Amazon|
|5. Occidental Leather 9850 -Best Multi-Tool belt||See More On Amazon|
|6. DEWALT DG5617 20-Apron Tool Belt for Sheet Metal||See More On Amazon|
|7. Jackson Palmer Tool Belt with Suspenders: Great for Comfort||See More On Amazon|
|8. ToughBuilt Tool Belt Set -Best for Plumbers/HVAC||See More On Amazon|
|9. Dickies Work Gear 4-Piece – Best for Roofing||See More On Amazon|
|10. LAUTUS Oil Tanned Leather – Best Tool Belt for The Money||See More On Amazon|
Top 10 Tool Belts For All Building Trades – Reviews
1. Gatorback B145 Back Support Belt for Carpenters
The Gatorback B145 tool belt is specially designed to meet the needs of a professional carpenter.
It pays attention to numerous aspects ranging from safety, comfort, and durability making it a worthwhile pick. The belt is equipped with memory foam backing for extra comfort, a proprietary air channel feature that prevents overheating, providing all-around comfort in both indoor and outdoor conditions.
Individual stress points are reinforced with heavy-duty metal rivets and really strong bar-tack stitching which ensures the pockets don’t tear out regardless of the weight of the tool placed in them.
As far as high-quality workmanship goes, the Gatorback B145 is as good as it gets. The tool belt features high-density nylon webbing which is sewn on the outside of every pocket. The heavy-duty nylon sewing adds improves the durability of the tool belt by preventing fraying from heavy regular use.
- Brand: Gatorback
- Model: B145
- Material: Nylon
- Weight: 5 pounds
- The Gatorback B145 is available in several sizes. The sizing is based on the average fit for each individual size meaning there’s something for everyone
- One year warranty
- Ultra-breathable material to keep the belt cool and comfortable
Click here to find out how much this great carpenter tool belt from Gatorback cost on Amazon.
- Spacious enough to accommodate all your carpentry tools making it the perfect belt for professional carpenters
- Excellent strength and durability making it a solid pick for people who value durability in the long run
- Memory foam layered padding is the ideal choice for utmost comfort when carrying heavy tools in the bag or working long hours
- Not enough room for the cordless drill
>>> Read full details about this carpenter Gatorback tool belt on Amazon <<<
2. CLC Custom Leathercraft 527X Heavy Duty Tool Belt for Framing
The CLC Custom Leathercraft 527X is made out of suede leather as the principal material. The tool belt maintains a simplistic yet functional design that allows easy mobility and versatility.
It has a central pocket you can use to hold framing equipment such as a tape measure, nails, stud finder, and a framing hammer. The tool belt has a handy buckle for holding the hammer. The belt is made out of poly-web material similar to the kind used in harnesses and has a roller buckle.
Designed for use in lightweight framing projects, it offers a naturally comfortable fit that doesn’t require suspenders.
The tool belt weighs in at 2.1 pounds which is comfortable to carry around work sites. It comes with a year’s worth of warranty.
The tool belt will, for the most part, perform as you would expect; hold your tools and stand up to rough treatment on-site. Wherever the job takes you, you can rely on the simple yet functional design of the CLC 527X to be a suitable companion.
- Brand: Custom Leathercraft
- Model: 527X
- Material: Suede leather
- Weight: 1 pound
- A strong poly web belt capable of supporting tool-containing suede leather pockets. The material is commonly used in harnesses and other safety equipment which speaks volumes about its reliability.
- Suede leather pouches are a pro touch to this tool belt. The pouches are big enough to comfortably accommodate a variety of tools while adding a rustic look to the whole assembly.
- The manufacturer was gracious enough to include a buckle for holding framing hammers. This is a neat addition to a tool belt with an otherwise uncomplicated design.
Click here to find out how much this framing tool belt from CLC Custom Leathercraft cost on Amazon.
- The belt is made of a poly fabric material and suede leather making it rugged and durable.
- The padded belts provide extra comfort around the waist when working over extended periods of time.
- The CLC Custom Leathercraft 527X pockets come in different sizes that are suitable for holding different sets of tools separately.
- This tool belt isn’t suitable for tasks that involve carrying around heavy equipment for extended periods. The pockets have no additional lining to prevent tools from poking through over time.
>>> Read full details about this CLC framing tool belt on Amazon <<<
3. Gatorback B240 Tool Belt: Best for Electricians
Another tool belt worth your consideration is the Gatorback B240. The perfect tool belt for the discerning electrical specialist such as yourself.
Following Gatorback’s reputation for high-quality tool belts that last a lifetime, the B240’s durability and functionality aren’t one bit surprising. The belt is built tough to take on both professional and basic DIY electrical work. To emphasize this point, the B240’s tool pouches and belt come with riveted stress points.
Each stress point is also bar-tacked to ensure that the entire assembly can last a lifetime. The belt utilizes Gatorback’s preferred heavy-duty DuraTek nylon material for its primary built, which improves its ruggedness and durability.
The best part about the materials used in building this belt is that although they are as tough and rugged as they come, the tool belt overall remains lightweight and comfortable to wear even in long projects.
- Brand: Gatorback
- Model: B240
- Material: Nylon
- Weight: 5.35 pounds
- The Gatorback B240 comes with plenty of storage space available to meet and exceed the needs of any professional electrician. On the right side, the Electrician’s Tool Pouch has 18 Pockets and a tape chain. Over on the left side, the B240 has 9 pocket fastener tool pouches with wide, easily accessible pockets.
- The B240’S pouches have an interior plastic lining that gives them their characteristic box shape that doesn’t sag or change shape over time. This box design keeps the tool bag’s pouches open, accessible and prevents your tools from poking holes and falling through the bottom.
- All Gatorback Tool Belts come equipped with a proprietary air channel design that provides the user with a comfortable, breathable, and sweat-free experience. The foam backing used in the belt is an ultra-breathable material that not only enhances comfort but also keeps the belt cool over extended work periods.
Click here to find out how much this tool belt for electricians cost on Amazon.
- Rugged and durable yet lightweight nylon materials are used for its construction.
- The tool belt is very spacious, thanks to the wide and easy to access pockets and tool pouches.
- The design of the belt and the materials used are breathable and comfortable, promoting a sweat-free work experience.
- The belt comes with a low risk of sagging over time, thanks to the box design of the pouches.
- The B240 may feel a bit too stiff for some users which might take some adjusting to.
>>> Read full details about this Gatorback tool belt for electricians on Amazon <<<
4. CLC Custom Leathercraft 1608 Tool Belt: Best for Drywall Hanger
True to CLC tradition, this Custom Leathercraft 1608 tool belt is a feature-rich implement that ticks all the right boxes.
The belt is a 4-piece combo rig tool belt equipped with 28 separate pockets. The belt itself is padded with a single roller buckle belt. CLC chose to use polyester on this model which has its advantages.
While very light and comfortable, it won’t be as durable as the nylon alternative. It is however very comfortable and stands up to assault fairly well. A unique addition to this belt is its own 4-point suspender system.
You don’t need to go out and buy a separate pair of suspenders just to be able to hold up and sustain the weight of a fully-loaded tool belt. The belt can also fit anyone from waist sizes 29 to 46 and can be used for drywall hanging, carpentry, and electrical work.
- Brand: CLC Custom Leathercraft
- Model: 1608
- Material: Polyester Fabric
- Weight: 5.35 pounds
- A 4-point suspender system allows the user to carry a variety of heavy tools without worrying if the belt can hold up the weight.
- The zipper on the largest pocket is a neat addition to the tool belt. You no longer have to worry about your tools falling out when working at angles or coming loose when you throw the tool belt in the back of the van.
- The manufacturer went all out by including a cordless drill pocket.
- This tool belt has a 3-inch wide padded comfort belt equipped with a double tongue steel roller buckle. The tool belt fits waist sizes ranging from 29 inches to 46 inches.
Click here to find out how much this tool belt for drywall hangers cost on Amazon.
- The CLC 1608 is very comfortable to wear and work with over long periods of time thanks to a four-point suspender system.
- The padded belt improves the user’s comfort.
- The tool belt can accommodate a neat range of waist sizes making it a popular pick among drywall experts and electricians.
- The use of polyester material in the tool belts means that it doesn’t match up in terms of durability to other tool belts made out of nylon or leather.
>>> Read full details about this CLC tool belt for drywall hangers on Amazon <<<
5. Occidental Leather 9850: Best for Multi-Tool
Occidental Leather are respected tool belt makers in the construction scene, and it’s not hard to see why. Occidental Leather 9850 is an impressive piece of equipment with aesthetics to match thanks to high-quality leather used.
The leather material used is made thick so as to reduce discomfort during work. The quality of the leather speaks for itself and is assured to last and your last a really long time.
As far as return on investment and the length of time this product will serve you, it is a worthwhile pick for any construction professional. The tool belt has an adjustable belt that retains its perfect fit, even when you gain a few pounds.
In terms of functionality, the Occidental Leather 9850 belt comes with a good number of compartments, 37 in total. These make sure you have dedicated storage space for all the tools you will need on your big project.
- Brand: Occidental Leather
- Model: 9850
- Material: Neoprene, Nylon, Leather
- Weight: 1 pound
- The tool belt is made out of high-quality high grain leather. This means the product is going to last a long time.
- It has more than enough storage space to hold a number of tools. It has 37 pockets and pouches total built tough to withstand heavy tools.
- The manufacturer used thick cuts of leather to ensure maximum comfort during use. This also ensures the belt is able to stand up to heavy loads.
- Nylon pockets considerably reduce the weight of the belt allowing you to comfortably work for hours.
Click here to find out how much this multi-tool belt for builders cost on Amazon.
- As with any leather product, the longer you wear this belt the more comfortable it gets over time.
- With 37 pockets, you can choose any combination of tools to suit your project without worrying about taking breaks to find something you need.
- The quality of the build of this product says a lot about its durability. you can rely on this tool belt to always deliver upon your expectations.
- You might experience difficulties getting it to store bigger tools.
>>> Read full details about this multi tool belt from Occidental on Amazon <<<
6. DEWALT DG5617 20-Apron Tool Belt for Sheet Metal
Another amazing tool belt designed for professional construction workers, handymen and anyone who needs this type of belt to organize their things is the DG5617Apron Tool Belt offered by the world-renowned brand, DEWAL.
The belt is made to fit a wide range of waist sizes that range from 29 inches to 46 inches. For professionals working with sheet metal, this is just the tool belt you need. It is equipped with 20 pockets built strong enough to accommodate a variety of implements. It has large and spacious pockets offering as much space and storage capacity as possible.
You will also appreciate the small pockets, loops, and sleeves in this belt that you can use to store and organize important little tools, like nails, pencils, and nail sets, among many other things.
- Brand: DeWalt
- Model: DG5617
- Material: Nylon
- Weight: 4.8 pounds
- This DeWalt tool belt features an adjustable work apron design with fully-adjustable padded suspenders that help distribute weight evenly.
- It has 20 pockets and sleeves for holding tools necessary when working with sheet metal. The work apron also has a zippered pouch that helps to secure valuables.
- The padded belt with a double-tongue roller buckle on this DeWalt tool belt work belt provides extra comfort and helps keep the belt stable.
- This work apron fits waist sizes ranging from 29 inches to 46inches.
Click here to find out how much this tool belt for sheet metal cost on Amazon.
- As with anything DeWalt, you can expect the top-notch quality of build and reliable performance in any construction project.
- This work apron is adjustable, giving you the chance to make it fit your dimensions perfectly.
- The materials used in its build and the included suspenders promote the utmost comfort and convenience when wearing the tool over extended periods of time.
- The DeWalt DG5617 is a good deal heavier than most tool belts in the same class.
>>> Read full details about this great DeWalt tool belt on Amazon <<<
7. Jackson Palmer Professional Tool Belt with Suspenders: Great for Comfort
The Jackson Palmer brand is known as a brand that stands for hard work, reliability, and trust.
These values are exactly what went into the Jackson Palmer pro tool belt. The design is aesthetically pleasing and very functional with multiple pockets, power tool rings suspenders and chest straps designed to evenly distribute weight.
The material used is nylon. Nylon has built a reputation for being tough, durable and capable of withstanding wear and tear over long periods of time.
The material is also very comfortable and lightweight which scores major points.
- Brand: Jackson Palmer
- Model: Comfort-Rig
- Material: Nylon
- Weight: 5.25 pounds
- The Jackson Palmer features a padded back and chest straps, 5-point connection for even weight distribution, and cooling mesh to enhance breathability of the work belt.
- Customizable fit that ranges from 30inches to 50inches waist sizes. The adjustable shoulder straps also enhance user comfort.
- The work belt features extra ring attachments that allow the user to place pockets at preferred spots.
- The tool belt has a hammer holder, 2 power tool hooks, and 2 detachable pockets with built-in dividers to keep your tools neat and organized.
Click here to find out how much this comfortable tool belt cost on Amazon.
- Jackson Palmer’s designed is crowd-sourced which means that it represents the very best in design and functionality.
- The work belt features dedicated power tool hooks and loads of storage space that greatly improve your productivity.
- This tool belt is built with a singular aim of providing you with the utmost comfort through any construction project.
- The power tool rings don’t hold up to long. It has been observed that the rings aren’t reinforced which means after a while they come loose.
>>> Read full details about this great Palmer’s comfortable tool belt on Amazon <<<
8. ToughBuilt Handyman Tool Belt Set – Best for Plumbers/HVAC
This ToughBuilt Handyman tool belt set is built for first-timers, and seasoned veterans caught up in the plumbing and HVAC business.
The belt comes with ten pockets offering ample storage space for all your power tools such as cordless drills.
It also offers a sturdy buckle system that ensures your tools don’t fall off. The ToughBuilt Handyman Tool Belt Set is also one of the most versatile work belt models in the business. You can shift and mix around your pockets to suit your needs.
You can also attach a harness to the triangle loops along the belt if you’re working at elevated heights. This feature sets it apart from most other tool belts in terms of safety and attention to detail.
- Brand: ToughBuilt
- Model: TOU-CT-111C
- Material: Nylon
- Weight: 3.97 pounds
- With this model, you get a three-piece set, which saves you a good amount of money compared to other models.
- The tool belt comes with TroughBuilt’s patented ClipTech hub a useful safety addition.
- It’s compatible with suspenders for additional support and safety.
- The pockets on this model are larger than any of its competitors which means you can place power tools that wouldn’t ordinarily fir in a typical tool belt with ease.
Click here to find out how much this plumber’s tool belt cost on Amazon.
- The tool belt features a unique design that lets you customize where you want the pockets.
- With a total of ten spacious pockets, you’ll be spoilt form choice on what tools to bring.
- The tool belt has a tough durable build that is assured to last a long time even with heavy usage and abuse.
- The tool belt is only suitable for a select number of trades. Professions that require lots of pockets for organized storage of tools may be at a disadvantage.
>>> Read full details about this good Toughbuilt Handyman tool belt on Amazon <<<
9. Dickies Work Gear 4-Piece: Best for Roofing
The Dickies work gear features a straightforward design with 9 pockets, a hammer holder and tool loops, an excellent sizing chart with 20inches between sizes to play around with, and a full-year’s warranty.
This Dickies 4-piece roofer’s tool belt is made to provide maximum comfort and durability. It features suspenders with front adjustable straps, a five-inch padded belt that fits 32-inch to 50-inch waists. It also features a steel double roller buckle, a two-inch belt loop, and a carabiner for quick clip storage.
The belt is built to last and is made with heavy-duty webbing handles, reinforced pockets and loops, and strong, durable woven canvas.
- Brand: Dickies Work Gear
- Model: 57023
- Material: Durable woven canvas and treated leather
- Weight: 3.85 pounds
- This tool belt comes equipped with a 5-inch moisture wicking, a mesh-backed waist belt that adjusts from 32 to 50-inches providing maximum comfort and a custom fit.
- It is made out of durable canvas, heavy-duty and rip-resistant canvas to provide you with years of service.
- The tool belt comes equipped with gel-padded suspenders and moisture-wicking mesh material. The suspenders are front adjustable and designed to distribute weight evenly when carrying heavy loads.
Click here to find out how much this tool belt for roofers cost on Amazon.
- This model features a durable canvas construction with reinforced pockets capable of comfortably handling heavy loads.
- The work belt has a custom fit adjustment range 32 to 50-inches waist size.
- The belt features a durable steel double-tongue roller buckle onto which the pad secures independently with a hook and loop closure.
- The suspenders loop around the belt instead of attaching to the pouches. That causes the pouches to sag.
>>> Read full details about this great Dickies tool belt for roofers on Amazon <<<
10. LAUTUS Oil Tanned Leather Best Tool Belt for The Money
The Lautus tool belt is one of the best leather tool belts out there. It’s made out of 100-percent genuine leather for maximum strength, stability, and long-lasting use.
This model has several pockets for each tool and is thus great for any kind of construction job whether it’s framing, carpentry, electrical work, drywall installation and many more. It is flexible and fits from a 30-inch to 46-inch waist size with a solid build quality for long-lasting use.
In addition, it is uniquely built to take the wear and tear of a daily construction job.
- Brand: Lautus
- Model: Oil-Tanned
- Material: Genuine leather
- Weight: 2.9 pounds
- The tool belt is flexible and is built to fit almost all sizes. It can accommodate from 30inch waist sizes up to 46inches.
- For an all leather tool belt you know you can expect some excellent quality. It has a heavy-duty build to take on the wear and tear of an everyday construction job.
- The belt comes with a lifetime warranty which demonstrates the quality of the build of the product.
Click here to find out how much this best leather tool belt for your money cost on Amazon.
- With so many pockets for every tool, you’ll never run out of space for your tools. The belt is perfect for any type of construction job.
- The choice of oil-tanned leather is perfect for both aesthetics and durability. This belt delivers both in a single assembly that will meet and exceed your expectations.
- Thick leather is the pinnacle of user comfort and ultimate versatility. This belt is among a few select models that can be described as being pure pleasure to wear and work with.
- As with any leather product, this tool belt will take a few days to break it in and get comfortable.
>>> Read full details about this spectacular leather tool belt for builders on Amazon <<<
Tool Belt Buyer’s Guide and Frequently Asked Questions
What to look for when buying a tool belt?
An important consideration when you are out prospecting for your next tool belt is to ensure that the model you settle on is of high quality and fit for your specific purpose.
It’s important that your tool belt of choice has room for all the essential tools that you’ll use on a regular basis while on the job. It should come equipped with a variety of pockets and compartments so your chosen tools can easily be carried around with you while you work.
The carrying capacity of your tool belt of choice is also significant. If the belt is too heavy or bulky to wear, it might get uncomfortable working with and chances are you won’t use it often which means you’ve wasted your money.
Choose a belt that offers great organization of your tools, makes the most out of all the space provided and most importantly, is comfortable to wear. Safety features such as harness mounts, durability and suitability are essential considerations to look at when buying a tool belt.
Other factors to consider when buying a tool belt are:
- Quality of the materials used. The seams, stitching, and rivets.
- The carrying capacity needed for tools necessary for a particular job.
- The total weight of tools you’ll be carrying around.
- The size of your tools. Are they power tools?
- The price of the tool belt.
- Belt and buckle adjustability, materials used and how comfortable the belt is.
- Pockets and tool holders, capacity, fixed or adjustable
- The number of pockets, their size, and practicality.
- Does it have a hammer holder and its location on the tool belt.
- Will you be working indoors or outdoors?
Where to buy toughbuilt tool belt?
Toughbuilt tool belts are no doubt among the finest in the business. There are several outlets you can buy your preferred Toughbuilt tool belt from depending on your location. For starters, it is advisable to visit your local hardware store and inquire if they have any Toughbuilt stock available.
A regional agent or dealer is your second and best option. A regional agent can advise you on what tool belt to pick depending on your trade and matters warranty.
You can always log onto Toughbuilt’s website and order directly from the manufacturer.
Alternatively, there are numerous e-commerce sites that stock a wide variety of tool belts. Simply log onto your preferred or trusted online store such as Amazon, Walmart, Alibaba and so on and make your purchase.
How to wear a tool belt properly?
A reliable tool belt keeps you safe at a job site as well as making you more productive on the job. Tool belts keep your hands free when you require them. They also ensure that you have some easy access to a whole arsenal of tools, no matter where you are when you need them.
If you are on the roof, doing electrical work or doing some framing work, anywhere you might be, the tool belt promises you will have exactly what you need.
- First, ensure you have numerous pockets placed on the dominant hand side to allow you to reach your tools effortlessly. Buy left or right-handed tool belts accordingly.
- Keep the primary tools on your dominant hand side. Tools you use often to perform tasks should be generally placed on the dominant hand side for easier reach.
- Ensure the weight is evenly distributed by placing optional tools on the opposite side of the belt for comfort.
- Be sure to adjust the belt size to match your waist size for a proper fit.
- Where suspenders and chest straps are involved, adjust them until you’re comfortable with how they fit.
- As a rule of thumb, don’t force objects into pockets that don’t fit. This not only prevents the said tools from falling out but also prolongs the service life of your tool belt.
How to wear a tool belt with suspenders?
To begin with, attach the tool belt to the back of your trousers. The principle of fastening is simple, just pass the belt through the waistband of your trousers. Afterwards, place the braces in a position where the bands cross your back and come up to your chest. This ensures efficient distribution of weight which saves you a great deal of trouble and musculoskeletal problems down the line.
Maximum comfort is the name of the game, adjust your suspenders to your preferred position where you feel most comfortable and your movements aren’t hindered. Ensure that your suspenders are padded so as not to transfer all the weight on your shoulders and back.
What tools should I keep on my tool belt?
Depending on your trade the choice of tools you carry on your tool belt will vary.
A good tool belt has two side pockets, each containing A number of smaller pockets. It can carry tools of various sizes and shapes. The tools favored by the dominant hand (e.g. hammer, pencil) should be stowed on the corresponding side of the tool belt.
Primary tools for the dominant hand should include:
- Claw hammer
- Carpenter’s pencil and pen or Sharpie
- Putty Knife
- Utility knife
- Secondary tools should be kept on the opposite side of the tool belt. These should include:
- Nail sets
- Cold chisel
- 4-in-1 Screwdriver
- Speed square
- Electrical tape
Is a tool belt better than an apron, tool vest or a tool bag?
1. Tool belt vs Apron
Both styles are designed to hold and organize many more tools than can be carried by hand and provide all the convenience of having all your essential tools within arm’s reach.
They each help get the job done with greater ease, efficiency and of course safety but can offer other different and valuable benefits depending on your profession, preferential choice, and work situation.
Tool belts offer no front obstruction of your legs making it perfect when climbing or moving around a lot on the job. The greater weight carrying capability of tool belts is useful, particularly if the suspension option is available that is spreading it across shoulder straps which themselves are often padded.
With suspenders, tool belts are capable of holding more weight with greater safety and comfort than an apron.
Aprons, on the other hand, have permanently fixed and riveted pockets and pouches. Aprons are not hand specific with the storage space on both sides but almost always have a symmetrical formation. They are particularly good in situations where you need to pack a few tools.
Typically, tool aprons provide a cost-effective alternative to the tool belt equivalent, making them popular with many professional trades and DIY enthusiasts.
2. Tool belt vs tool vest
A tool belt is a classic tool of the trade for professional contractors. A good belt has enough pockets arranged in a convenient and comfortable manner, allowing you to find everything you need in a matter of seconds.
From a design standpoint, tool belts focus the weight away from your back and shoulders and onto your hips, minimizing back strain and the potential for injury on the jobsite. Tool belts cover less of your body than vests and are usually more comfortable to walk around in both in hot and humid weather.
Tool vests distribute the weight of your tools and hardware over a larger area compared to tool belts, making way for the possibility of fewer aches and pains at the end of a long work day. They’re durable and provide an extra layer of protection against abrasions and bruises from tools and other protruding objects.
If you ever need to reach your tools above your waist for instance when you’re working on a job that requires you to reach rather than bend over then a tool vest may be a worthwhile choice.
3. Tool belt vs Tool Bag
Tool belts differ from tool bags by virtue of the number and size of pockets included.
While tool belts offer more in terms of the number of pouches and versatility options, tool bags have fewer larger pockets that are capable of carrying larger tools and often have zippers.
Tool belts allow you to carry more tools and secondary implements such as nails or screws.
Plus, you’ll be able to carry several large and heavy tools and have minimal customization options in terms of pocket placement. The choice of whether a tool belt or tool bag is governed by the specifics of the task at hand.
4. Tool belt leather vs nylon
Tool belts come in a variety of materials and designs. To the uninitiated, there’s not much difference or is there?
The two most common materials used in tool belts are leather and nylon. Each has its strengths and weaknesses and depending on your preferences and job specifics, you might want to know the differences.
First up, leather is a durable material used in many high-quality tool belts. It is known for being comfortable to wear and able to stand the test of time even in the harshest of conditions. Leather belts may take a while to break in and get comfortable but once you’re there, its smooth sailing onward.
Nylon, on the other hand, is a durable lightweight material used in many tool belts and is the preferred choice in most instances.
As far as weight savings go, you can’t afford to carry around extra pounds of weight all day. Nylon offers better breathability but does over time succumb to wear and tear. Nylon tool belts are generally cheaper than their leather counterparts.
Last words on this tool belt guide
In conclusion, tool belts are one of the best solutions for boosting your work productivity and speed.
The choice of a good work belt can make or break your overall effectiveness at a job. Getting a reliable high-quality tool belt will ensure you spend less time moving back and forth gathering the tools you need whether it’s a roofing job, electrical work or any other construction commitment.
Other than boosting your productivity and efficiency, tool belts also improve worksite safety and organization.
If you or anyone you know has been struggling to find the perfect tool belt then look no further. We hope our compilation of the best tool belts for Contractors, Carpenters, Electricians, Framers and other trades in Construction will aid you in your quest.
All models discussed on this list have earned their rightful place and deserve their place. All models highlighted represent the cream of the crop and are a worthwhile pick for your specific line of work.