- 1 Best Power Tool Kit For Homeowners
- 2 What To Consider When Buying A Power Tool Kit
- 3 Review – 5 Of The Best Power Tool Kit For Homeowners
- 3.1 #1. DEWALT DCK590L2 20-Volt MAX Lithium Ion 3.0 Ah 5-Tool Combo Kit
- 3.2 Consumer Impressions
- 3.3 #2. PORTER-CABLE 8-TOOL COMBO KIT
- 3.4 Sounds like a handful doesn’t it?
- 3.5 Consumer Impressions
- 3.6 #3. BLACK AND DECKER BD4KITCDCRL 20V MAX 4 TOOL COMBO KIT
- 3.7 Consumer Impressions
- 3.8 #4. BOSCH CLPK420 4 POWER TOOL KIT COMBO
- 3.9 Consumer Impressions
- 3.10 #5. RYOBI P883 ONE+ SUPER 8 TOOL COMBO KIT
- 3.11 Consumer Impressions
- 4 Conclusion
So you are a home improvement ninja DIYer huh? 🙂 Good … because this article its been specially put together for homeowners like you that like to improve their home themselves …
And for that … of course, you need some tools.
==> If you are in a rush and just need my best recommendation quickly … click here to see my preferred power toolkit on Amazon <==
Today I’ve put together what I believe to be the best power tool kit for homeowners to assist you with your present and future DIY home improvement projects.
Power toolkits come in a wide range of profiles to suit the various needs of professionals as well as DIY enthusiasts and homeowners.
Getting the right power toolkit can save you a great deal of time and effort in your various household tasks. You might perhaps be unsure of what combo power tool kit to buy or maybe you’re wondering what options are available on the market.
Well, look no further, in this article, I’ll introduce you to the top 5 power toolkits for homeowners.
Best Power Tool Kit For Homeowners
#1. DEWALT DCK590L2
#2. PORTER-CABLE 8-TOOL COMBO KIT
#3. BLACK AND DECKER BD4KITCDCRL
#4. BOSCH CLPK420
#5. RYOBI P883 ONE+
|1. DeWalt DCK590L2 20-Volt||See More On Amazon|
|2. Porter-Cable Tool Combo-kit||See More On Amazon|
|3. BLACK AND DECKER BD4KITCDCRL 20V||See More On Amazon|
|4. BOSCH CLPK420 POWER TOOL KIT COMBO||See More On Amazon|
|5. RYOBI P883 ONE+ SUPER 8 TOOL COMBO KIT||See More On Amazon|
What To Consider When Buying A Power Tool Kit
There are two strategies you can employ to find the right kit for you
- One involves finding a power tool kit that has all the power tools you are likely to use. This option is best suited for a wide range of small-scale repair projects.
- You can also go for a kit that is meant to satisfy a narrow range of very specific tasks and often professional needs. The latter is for the seasoned builder with a decent collection of tools and accessories.
At the very basic level, ensure that your kits have the following
- A drill you can use to drive and remove screws
- A circular saw capable of handling most types of lumber
- A reciprocating saw
- An impact driver
Other kits may come with impact drivers and other additional accessories such as work gloves, a stud finder, and protective eyewear.
There are plenty of brands to choose from and with such as Porter Cable, DeWalt, Bosch, Makita, Black&Decker Milwaukee Power Tools and more, you cannot go wrong.
Let’s take a look at 5 of the top power toolkits for homeowners in my opinion …
… but before that, if you are a beginner, you can have a look at this short video where you can make yourself an idea about what power tools you need for a homeowner beginner in DIY, and what each one does ( of course, in this video they don’t present you all the power tools available, just some of them)
Review – 5 Of The Best Power Tool Kit For Homeowners
#1. DEWALT DCK590L2 20-Volt MAX Lithium Ion 3.0 Ah 5-Tool Combo Kit
This power toolkit is built tough to last and brings you five power tools.
The circular saw included in this package is quite light and nimble and the best part is that it is cordless.
An impact driver is also included and is the perfect tool for tasks that require driving power. It is, however, unsuitable for drilling.
Next up is the hammer drill which performs exceptionally well considering it is also cordless. For most lightweight drilling tasks at home, the hammer drill included in this combo kit will exceed your expectations.
A reciprocating saw is also part of the package. Its usefulness cannot be overlooked in simple tasks such as building a shelf or making repairs around your home.
As far as precision cutting tools go, DeWalt has it all figured out with this reciprocating saw.
Last up, a flashlight is included in the kit to serve your various illumination needs. It has an intensity of 110 lumens and is perfect for working in parts of your house with no lighting at all.
- People who bought this power tool kit seemed to love the durable build and ergonomics of the tools which is really no surprise with DeWalt.
- The battery packs scored highly with most buyers.
- The only complaint I've found was the lack of a magnet on the drills and a bit carrier.
#2. PORTER-CABLE 8-TOOL COMBO KIT
This power tool kit is perfect for professional contractors, homeowners, and hobbyists as well.
The Porter Cable power toolkit includes
- drill driver
- impact driver
- circular saw
- reciprocating tiger saw
- oscillating multi-tool
- a cutoff tool or grinder
- a flashlight
- 20V Lithium-Ion 1.5Ah and 4.0Ah batteries
- a battery charger
- and two kit bags
Sounds like a handful doesn’t it?
Well, the cost of the entire power toolkit is well below what it would cost you to buy each individual power tool.
With pretty much every power tool you might need, this combo kit comes highly recommended for homeowners and DIY hobbyists.
The drill driver has a 2-speed gearbox with 21 adjustable torque settings that allow it to run up to 1500 rpms. On the other hand, the Impact driver can achieve speeds of up to 2800rpms.
The circular saw operates at a maximum speed of 4000 rpm with a cutting depth of about 21/8 inches. And the reciprocating tiger saw operates at 3000 strokes per minute and is perfect for tasks that are in awkward positions.
The variable speed jigsaw is cordless and can run up to 2500 strokes per minute via 3 random orbital action settings. For the oscillating multi-tool, I can say that it features an easy blade change system while the grinder peaks at a max speed of 8500rpms.
- What I've found is that consumers loved the variety of tools that came in this kit. The tools are suited for a wide range of tasks and eliminate the need to get additional tools for special tasks.
- Despite being incredibly durable, this power toolkit is not designed to withstand prolonged abuse.
- None of the tool's motors are brushless.
#3. BLACK AND DECKER BD4KITCDCRL 20V MAX 4 TOOL COMBO KIT
It features a drill/driver powered by a 20Volt Max lithium ion battery, a circular saw, a reciprocating saw and a handy work light.
Black & Decker have been in the power tools market for a while now so you can trust that the quality of the tools in this kit is top notch.
The drill/driver tool features a 3/8 inch chuck and runs between 0 to 650 rpms making it ideal for the basic DIY projects.
The drill/driver also features an 11-position clutch that prevents the possibility of stripping of screws and consequently damaging your work materials. As a standard, Black & Decker included an LED work light for improved visibility in dark spaces.
The circular saw comes with a 5.5inch blade that is capable of powering through 2x lumber. The high torque motor is suitable for simple DIY cutting projects at home. The reciprocating saw operates at 3000 strokes per minute with a 7/8 inch stroke length. The saw is designed to allow for a tool-free blade change.
- In our findings, consumers seemed to love how flawlessly the tools worked. There was no mention of a single malfunction or defect and very often, the warranty expired without any defects. This is despite heavy usage and abuse.
- The only issue consumers complained about was wanting an extra battery included in the kit to allow for longer uninterrupted work sessions.
#4. BOSCH CLPK420 4 POWER TOOL KIT COMBO
And to be honest, I have always seen the Bosch brand more for HOME IMPROVEMENT GUYS/GIRLS rather than for CONSTRUCTION PROS...it's excellent quality.
This power toolkit comprises four tools which include a quarter inch hex impact driver, a half inch brute hammer drill driver, a circular saw.
A majority of basic household maintenance and repair tasks require you to have more than just a simple screwdriver and a hammer.
It is with this knowledge that Bosch put together this power tool kit for homeowners and hobbyists.
All tools in this kit are cordless.
The brute hammer drill/driver is equipped with two-speed settings. The high-torque drilling setting runs at 500 rpm while the high-speed setting runs at 1,700 rpm.
This hex impact driver operates at 3900 rpm meaning it can easily power through any material you’re working with. The circular saw and reciprocating saw have easy blade changing systems and work using two-speed settings.
- In my findings, the consumers loved how simple this power toolkit is to use. With some basic manuals, you can be well on your way to starting and finishing some repair and maintenance projects.
- The motors used in the power tools are not brushless. Consumers seem to prefer power tools with brushless motors since they offer higher torque-to-weight ratios.
#5. RYOBI P883 ONE+ SUPER 8 TOOL COMBO KIT
Whatever your needs are, this kit will perform exactly the way you want it to and chances are it will exceed your expectations. The kit includes the following;
- An 18volt drill/driver equipped with a ½ inch heavy-duty chuck,
- A circular saw that operates at 4,700 RPM without any load speed,
- A reciprocating saw with a blade stroke of 7/8 The saw operates at 100 strokes per minute without any load speed.
- Work light,
- A dual chemistry charger.
This kit has been compared to professional contractor power tools based on the performance of the individual power tools.
The lithium-ion batteries used to power the tools are a huge improvement over the Nickel-Cadmium variety previously used. They last a great deal longer on a single charge and take way less time to charge.
The drill/driver is equipped with a powerful enough motor to meet all your torque needs while at the same time being equipped with a clutch mechanism that prevents stripping the screws.
Whatever materials you’re working with at home, rest assured that these tools will step up to the task.
- The consumers absolutely loved how durable the tools in this kit are. Additionally, the battery packs provide enough power to start and finish a project without the need to stop and recharge.
- It was noted that the jigsaw blades require frequent changing with heavy usage as per the accounts of several users.
In summary, all the power tools discussed above are a worthwhile pick for any homeowner and DIY enthusiast. All in all the top pick for me would be a DeWalt combo kit as you probably have realized already from my pics. 🙂
It provides the best value for your money as well as impeccable performance. You can not go wrong with this one.
But Black&Decker combo kit is a very loved one as well by homeowners and DIYers ... and I think you know why?
Obviously, it's the price. It's almost half the price than my preferred choice, the DeWalt DEWALT DCK590L2 combo kit.
I guess, as with many things in life ... it will come down to money when you will make your choice.
Was this Best Power Tool Kit For Homeowners article helpful for you? Please let me know in the comments.
In the meantime ...
... Stay Safe Ninjas And Happy DIYing 🙂