Table of Contents
- 1 This is a very frequent question about laser levels, so let’s have a look …
- 2 Let’s compare some of the best laser levels for the money
- 3 So, how to choose your laser level based on what you intend to use it for?
- 4 Here are a few things you should look for when buying a laser level
- 5 Top 4 best laser levels for the money (for PROS and DIY enthusiasts)
- 6 And here are our ninjaRatings for the best laser level for the money
- 7 Let's wrap it up ... Conclusion
Lasers levels are extremely handy pieces of equipment in construction and maintenance work. Be it professional or basic DIY, these pieces of equipment prove their worth when flat, sturdy surfaces are needed in any of your projects … so in today’s article, we’ll aim to answer to the question: what is the best laser level for the money?
By the way, if you need to shoot quickly, here is our ninjaRecomendation for today’s article, click here to see it on Amazon.
This is a very frequent question about laser levels, so let’s have a look …
So, you said you were looking to get the best value when purchasing your next leveling tool?
Ok ninjaDIYers and Construction PROS, if that is what you are after today … you just landed on the best laser level guide on the internet. I’ve put together this article specially for you!
Yes … I know, that is a very common question, not only for DIY lovers but for PROs as well!
I mean, I was in the construction industry for at least 2 years before I knew what a laser level does and how it works … not to mention that I didn’t have a clue which one to buy.
And it’s normal, some trades are simply not using some tools at all or just not very often.
Here is the thing. We need to start by deciding what you want to do with it! Are you going to use it around the house for bits and bobs? Or for more PRO applications?
Before you dive right in … let’s have a quick look at the differences between the laser levels that I recommend to you today.
Let’s compare some of the best laser levels for the money
So, how to choose your laser level based on what you intend to use it for?
One thing I can tell you right now is that you can buy the best laser level in class for PRO or DIY purposes ... that it's obviously a good choice because I've never heard of someone who bought an excellent piece of kit like a laser level and used only once.
Is it for DIY projects around the house?
So ... you might not use it very often, but you will end up using it for so many other things around the house like hanging pictures, installing a new curtain pole, hang a TV on the wall or maybe if you are handy it might come very useful for laying tiles ... and many other simple things. Since I've mentioned the laying tiles job, you might be interested to see what is the best laser level for tilers?!
BUT, you CANNOT or you shouldn’t do it the other way around, you can't buy a laser level that is cheap or not known on the market for PRO jobs because you will end up with some rubbish tool, lots of stress and be losing time not being able to do the job because of the poor quality of the tool.
And more important it might make your customer unhappy because of delaying the progress of the work by having cheap, unreliable tools.
Or is it for professional construction works?
For this task, finding the best laser level equipment can make a whole lot of difference in your construction or maintenance project. The best laser level is always defined by the highest level of accuracy achievable.
In this article, we will discuss a compilation of the top laser level devices that offer great value for your money and are also the highest-rated model's thanks to their top-notch quality.
Laser levels can be used for numerous purposes and are considered to be a much-needed instrument for home use as well as professional construction purposes. The uses vary between indoor and outdoor applications.
When buying laser level equipment, it is recommended to consult widely with professionals and construction tool dealers, and here you have us to assist you today ... please leave a comment if there is anything that we can do to help you choose the best laser level for your project.
There are many different laser level devices available on the market.
Here are a few things you should look for when buying a laser level
Accuracy is the most critical factor to consider when prospecting for a laser level.
Manual or Auto Leveling
- Auto lasers, also called self-leveling lasers, essentially do most of the work for you. Auto laser levels will stop if disturbed, which means there is no room for any inaccuracies.
- Manual lasers, on the other hand, keep running even when disturbed making them better suited for smaller projects.
Has a green or red laser beam?
- Green beam lasers are the preferred choice for most indoor projects as they are easier to see thanks to a brighter intensity.
- Red beam laser levels, on the other hand, require a detector compared to green beam laser devices and are mostly used in large outdoor projects.
The laser level that most builders love to work with
Let's have a quick look at the different recommended laser levels in this article ... remember, this is what we recommend for the money, and this 4 item has been selected has been the best tools that you'll get for your money.
We wanted to spare you from losing time looking at lasers that are maybe cheaper but in terms of quality or capabilities, they really suck.
Top 4 best laser levels for the money (for PROS and DIY enthusiasts)
So based on what we know about this tools, based on my colleagues and my experience with a laser level ... here is what we believe to be some of the best laser levels out there in terms of the value they provide for the money they cost.
DEWALT DW089K Self-Leveling 3-Beam Line Laser
Perhaps the best 3-point laser level
Designed by the world’s leading construction equipment brand, the DeWalt DW089K is perhaps the best 3-point laser level you can get in its class.Packed with a myriad of handy features, this model is a favorite to both professional construction workers and DIY enthusiasts.
- The DeWalt DWO89K runs on 4 AA size batteries that last up to 30 usage hours.
- It has an accuracy margin of +/- 1/8 inches on both horizontal and vertical axes, an accuracy distance of 30 feet and a visual strength of up to 50 feet.
- The laser level features a triple red laser beam design making it ideal for home and light construction work.
- It has a tough, durable build and bright laser diodes allowing rough terrain use, and accurate readings regardless of the lighting conditions.
- The product comes accompanied by a years’ worth of warranty.
- The DW089K is suitable for wall layouts, cabinets, floor and wall tiling, drop ceilings, windows, and more.
- Based on my research and experience, the DeWalt DWO89K is a widely preferred laser level tool. The accuracy levels and functionality of this model make it a favorite to both DIY hobbyists and professional construction workers.
- The DWO89K’s laser diode being two times brighter than the average laser level, allows use in moderate light conditions.
- However, there have been concerns about the weight of this piece of equipment and the fact that the magnets aren’t strong enough. The latter makes it quite hard to hold steady on metallic surfaces.
TACKLIFE SC-L03 Crossline Self-Leveling Laser Level
Best 360° horizontal plan laser level
The Tacklife SC-L03 is an excellent laser level that has received widespread recognition by both construction industry experts and home maintenance hobbyists.
The product offers intuitive features that set it apart from the competition making it a well sought-after piece of equipment. The design features a fully functional 360-degree magnetic swivel base that allows for all-around operation.
- The device projects a laser beam cross with a leveling accuracy of +/- 4mm / 15m and a horizontal/vertical accuracy of +/- 3mm/ 15m. It allows a compensation range of 4 ° +/- 1 °.
- The Tacklife SC-L03 allows self-leveling when tilted at an angle of fewer than 4 degrees. If the tilt angle exceeds 4 degrees, the laser will blink in unlock state to indicate an off-level state.
- The design entails robust, shockproof housing with IP54 class protection that is ideal for work on rugged construction sites. Being splash and dust resistant, this product’s durability and service life are
- The Tacklife SC-L03 laser level comes with a two-year warranty.
- The self-leveling time on this model is less than 3 seconds.
- With this product, consumers seemed to love the fact that it came with a zippered carrying case, batteries and also its ease to attach to tripod stands. The model is compatible for use for various camera tripods and is useful in home leveling tasks.
- The laser level’s 360-degree horizontal and vertical marking capabilities and the self-leveling function are handy features that make it a favorite to many users. The laser beam is bright enough even after about 35feet.
- The location of the pendulum lock has been cited as a significant point of concern. There is a risk that your eyes will come into contact with the laser beam as you try to toggle the on/off switch which is risky.
BOSCH GLL 2-20 360-Degree Self-Leveling Line and Cross Laser
The Bosch GLL 2-20 is a laser leveler built to meet professional construction standards. The self-leveling laser is easy to use even for inexperienced individuals making it popular with amateur hobbyists. Actually, it's excellent for assisting with kitchen cabinets installation. Each button on the Bosch GLL is well labeled, and the warning lights convey explicit messages.
- The Bosch GLL 2-20 features a smart pendulum system that self-levels and indicates an out-of-level state. The device locks when switched off or not in use.
- The accuracy of the red laser beam is +/- 3/16″ at a range of 30 feet.
- The laser level device boats a host of handy line selection modes. It can project laser lines together or independently; cross line, vertical and 360-degree horizontal axes.
- It has a 360-degree horizontal line plus a 120-degree vertical laser line for alignment, leveling and layout applications.
- In our research findings, the most significant selling points of this laser level are its durability and survivability with rough treatment and accidental falls from great heights. For its price, the Bosch 2-20 is a grand bargain, suitable for home leveling tasks.
- The downside to this little laser level is the fact that the laser beam is a bit dim. The latter renders its use in outdoor construction projects quite hard. You might require additional resources to make efficient use of this laser level in outdoor conditions.
Pacific Laser Systems PLS-60595 Green Beam Three Point Laser
Best laser for transferring a point from the floor to the ceiling
Grading and leveling tasks in construction and maintenance are made easy with this 3-Point Green Beam Laser Tool designed and built by Pacific Laser Systems. The device boasts new green laser diode technology with three visible laser beams that are 300% brighter in intensity compared to red dots which could make this device the best outdoor laser level from our today's list.
- The PLS-60595 is self-leveling and is the ideal tool for bright outdoor and indoor conditions.
- The accuracy level is impressive, rated at +/- 1/4" at up to 100 feet.
- It boasts a 3-beam plumb and level point-to-point green laser beam alignment that allows you to layout the reference points even in the brightest of conditions indoors and outdoors as well.
- The PLS-60595 is built tough to last a long while. Accompanied by a 3-year warranty, this product is the perfect construction site tool.
- It has an inbuilt self-leveling mechanism that indicates an off-level state and an excellent compensational tilt angle.
- The PLS-60595 a green laser level has a more extensive range compared to its red laser associates. The consumers seem to have noticed this strength and also the fact that it is suitable for outdoor construction projects as the green laser is visible even in daylight conditions.
- One aspect of the PLS-60595 that consumers aren’t pleased with is the extensive use of plastic in the device’s build. It raises durability concerns.
- There have been a few reports of PLS-60595 devices suddenly and without warning malfunctioning. The manufacturer’s return window is also quite short. For these reasons, some consumers have shied away from this specific model.
And here are our ninjaRatings for the best laser level for the money
|Product||ninjaEditor's rating||How it looks||Self Levelling?||Key features|
to see pictures
|Three beams to aid applications|
that require 90-degree layout
to see pictures
|Smart pendulum system|
Pendulum locks when switched off
|BOSCH GLL 2-20||Click HERE|
to see pictures
|Simultaneous work with a|
360° horizontal line
to see pictures
Ideal for transferring
Let's wrap it up ... Conclusion
In summary, the laser level models discussed above are the best laser equipment available on the market. Each model has earned its reputation the only way possible;
by getting put to the test.
The models discussed are some of the best laser levels than you can buy today.
They combine aspects of accuracy, automation, and functionality giving you the best value for your money.