Table of Contents
Last Updated On: 08/12/2018 By Adrian B.
So you are doing some work outdoors today or sometime soon? Brilliant … What is it? Fencing? Decking? Landscaping?
Whatever it is your project my ninja readers 🙂 I’d love to bring you today on this post a few laser levels that I believe to be the best laser levels for outdoor use for your DIY or professional projects.
I strongly recommend using a green laser level if you planning to work outdoors on your next project.
If you don’t already own a laser level go straight for a green beam one, like the ones I have put together for you today.
But if you have already a laser tool and it projects red laser lines you might have some headaches trying to find the line, especially if it’s nice and sunny outside.
Compare My Top 5 Best Laser Levels For Outdoor Projects
I hope this little table had helped you absorb the information easier and quicker … but if you want to go a bit more in-depth …
… next, we’ll talk a little bit more about each one of the items individually.
Let’s check out some reviews and features for these laser levels.
Laser Levels Reviews For Outdoor Tasks
1. DeWalt DW089LG
Very impressive laser level. It has over 1000 reviews on Amazon, so that must mean something. Especially because this model hasn't been on the market for that long.
The DW089LG 12V MAX - 3 x 360 Laser features a 12V MAX Lithium-ion rechargeable battery and green beam laser technology, as well as an over-molded housing and IP65 debris and water resistance rating, which makes it the perfect tool for professionals in the construction and home-improvement tools.
Other features of this amazing tool:
- Integrated magnetic bracket allows attaching the device to metal track and steel
- Over-molded housing and IP65 water/debris resistance.
- Power Tool Type: Cordless
- Part of the 12V lithium-ion rechargeable power tool battery platform
- Accuracy : +/-0.125
- Class 2 laser with an output power of less than or equal to 1.50mW
2. Huepar 901CG
This Huepar 901CG professional laser level is a well-engineered laser device.
The device is used not only by DIYers but by professionals as well like tilers, kitchen fitters, carpenters, etc.
Here are a few more features that you might like:
- The device is self-leveling but also has a manual mode which is activated once the pendulum is unlocked by switching slides to an unlocked position.
- 2 X 360-Degree Lines (vertical and horizontal)
- Easy multifunctional mode - One button operation makes it easy to project lines together or individually (cross line, vertical and 360-degree horizontal).
- It has a durable design and it looks sturdy to ensure that you can rely on it in any working conditions.
Another great looking tool from DeWalt ... this is a 360 rotary laser level. To be honest, this tool it's a bit more limited than a regular rotational laser level like Leica, Topcon, Hilti ... etc, but I decided to include this model on my list because I really believe you should go for a green laser level beam ... not a red one.
And many people are happy with this product from what I have seen on Amazon and other sites where people leave reviews.
Here are some features of this rotational level:
- Runs off the DeWalt 20V MAX
- 2-meter drop tested
- 2000ft Range with Detector, 250 ft without
- Self-Leveling range = 5 degrees
- Rotation speed = 150, 300, 600, 1200 rpm
Here's a link to the DeWalt DW079LG User's Manual if you need to check out some more in-depth details.
The DEWALT DW088LG green cross line laser level is part of the 12V lithium-ion rechargeable power tool battery platform from DeWalt.
DeWalt has created this line laser for extra long run time and the convenience of rechargeable power tool batteries.
I like this tool very much because of the very smart idea that DeWalt came with for their next generation laser levels.
And I'm talking about the 12v rechargeable battery. A game charger.
Here are a few other nice features of this tool:
- Self-leveling cross lines that project both horizontal and vertical lines.
- It features green beam laser technology which is four times easier to see that the red laser beams.
- Magnetic bracket integrated, which allow attaching the device to metal track and steel.
- Integrated magnetic bracket with 1/4” and 5/8” thread
- Good protection with an over-molded housing and IP65 water/debris resistance.
5. Huepar 3D - GF360G
This laser level is full packed of features as well, and to be honest, this one could be my second option after the DeWalt mentioned above. Or, maybe you liked the DeWalt but don't have the budget?!
Well, go for this one ... I've heard professionals and DIYers talking good about this tool.
Let's see some features:
- Durable design: Protected by TPR soft rubber on all sides makes the laser level shock resistant, wear resistant and impact resistant perfectly
- IP54 water/dust-proof ensures you work well under hazardous working conditions
- Multifunctional laser device: The horizontal and two vertical 360° laser lines can be switched individually that you can choose whatever you want to work with vertical, horizontal or both laser lines simultaneously
- Smart pendulum system
- This laser level tool self-levels and indicates out-of-level position while pendulum unlocked
There you have it, ninjas. My TOP 5 best laser levels for outdoor uses.
If you want to see more laser tools check out this article where I include an amazing buying guide to help you out making a decision.
But for this kind of tasks guys, outdoor tasks like paving, replacing or installing fences, landscaping or similar ...
... I strongly believe you'll be better of using a green laser level than the normal red laser beam level device.
And remember: it doesn't matter how good a laser level is, when you are working outside, on a sunny beautiful day ... you won't be able to see the laser line at great distances. You might have to use a rod with a laser detector/receiver or a reading card.
Please let me know in the comments below if this article was useful in any way!
I'd love to hear from you and if you need any more info or tips, again, drop me a comment and I'll do my best to assist you!
Thanks for reading ...
... Stay Safe Ninjas And Happy DIYing! 🙂